DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  IS it possible to keep the group of servers in Maintenance Mode.

Posted Oct 08, 2019 09:38 AM
    Hi All,

Can anyone please help me with the below query.

We have 1000+ servers in our environment, every month at the time of monthly windows patching we will keep all the servers in maintenance mode to avoid the alerts at the time of reboot. 

For keeping every server one by one it is taking so much of time. To avoid the manual work is it possible to keep all the servers in Maintenance Mode at once based on the groups through the script.

Can anyone suggest me the way to do this.

Regards,
    Sharmila.

• 2.  RE: IS it possible to keep the group of servers in Maintenance Mode.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2019 11:53 AM
    I would create a dynamic group with a filer IP not equal to blank.
    then set up the maintenance schedule on this USM group.
    that should do what you are looking to do

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/9-0-2/configuring-and-viewing-monitoring-data/the-unified-service-manager-portlet/create-and-manage-groups-in-usm.html#concept.dita_e940a74cdea70f03fb102b351a21a49a27f9d0de_SetMaintenanceWindowsforGroups

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: IS it possible to keep the group of servers in Maintenance Mode.

Posted Oct 09, 2019 10:50 AM
    I've done maintenance/filtering on multiple servers a couple of ways.

#1 UMP - Unified Service Manager Portlet
    - ​Create a Maintenance Schedule and then drag your domain/group into the schedule and it will add multiple servers to the scheduled maintenance.

#2 ​NAS - Pre-processing Rule
    - Create a pre-processing rule to filter all alarms (Filter type: exclude, Severity Level: All or whichever levels you need)
    - Then you can use the scheduler to activate/deactivate this rule

#3 Disabling the emailgtw probe
    - In my setup all alarms generate tickets via the emailgtw probe so depending on the maintenance and if seeing alarms would be useful or not, disabling the emailgtw probe would prevent tickets from being generated but still allow me to see alarms as they come in and clear.

​Hope this helps

• 4.  RE: IS it possible to keep the group of servers in Maintenance Mode.
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 10, 2019 03:54 AM
    With the tool:
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/librarydocuments/viewdocument?DocumentKey=6b2f7c79-9f03-4365-b307-f734f08bb1f6
    you can put servers, selected via regex selections, together in a maintenance definitions
    Example selection parameters:
    rest maintenance sample regex selection