DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Tech Tip: UIM & UMP HA/failover setup and customization doc (version 0.18)

Posted Nov 05, 2019 09:13 AM
    Edited by Luc Christiaens Jul 04, 2022 04:04 AM

In attachment a document that tries to explain a way to setup the UIM/UMP/CABI/EMS failover for:

- a Secondary core hub with the HA probe

- 2 UMP servers

- CABI server (bundled and external)

This doc was created based on a fresh 9.2.0 setup with 5 servers (primary core hub, secondary core hub, cabi server, ump1 and ump2)

Please update and give remarks and comments to have this doc as correct as possible.

note1: the attached zip contains also sample script and archive packages that are discussed in the doc file

note2: this is not an official way of implementing UMP HA, only a services field solution that work fine with several clients

Version 0.18:
    - tested on UIM 9.20 with W2016 and SQL 2016 and a bundled CABI
    - adapted for new EMS and HA parameters
    Version 0.21:
    - tested on 20.3.1 => see attachment in an update

#uim #ha #failover #doc #cabi #oc

​​​​​​

• 2.  RE: Tech Tip: UIM & UMP HA/failover setup and customization doc (version 0.18)

Community Manager
    Posted Nov 06, 2019 03:32 PM
    Thank you for sharing Luc!

------------------------------
    Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: Tech Tip: UIM & UMP HA/failover setup and customization doc (version 0.18)

Posted Dec 03, 2020 05:39 AM

In attachment a document that tries to explain a way to setup the UIM/OC/CABI/EMS failover for:

- a Secondary core hub with the HA probe

- OC servers (can be more than 1)

- CABI server (bundled)
    Updates were done based on the 9.20 doc and a fresh 20.3.1 installation on 4 Windows 2016 servers with MSSQL running on Linux.
    Version 0.21:
    - tested on UIM 20.3.1 with w2016, SQL2016 and a bundled cabi
    - modified references to UMP into OC
    - if you are running the 0.18 version you can run almost asis, perhaps a slight modification should be needed in the archive packages

Please let me know if something is not clear enough or not correct.

• 4.  RE: Tech Tip: UIM & UMP HA/failover setup and customization doc (version 0.18)

Posted Dec 03, 2020 06:15 PM
    updated zip (without passwords)

• 5.  RE: Tech Tip: UIM & UMP HA/failover setup and customization doc (version 0.18)

Posted Dec 10, 2020 06:44 AM
    Edited by Christopher Moreland Dec 10, 2020 06:44 AM
    Hi Luc,

I don't see your attachments. Could you share it again?

I have been looking at the HA now again for my Primary Hub, with the failover of OC, and have hit an interesting snag.
    If I don't have ems probe running, which means that data_engine needs to be up (the queue is down) on the Failover hub, then i dont get the HA alarm for failover, and my UMP/OC scripts dont trigger in NAS on the failover.

Chris

• 6.  RE: Tech Tip: UIM & UMP HA/failover setup and customization doc (version 0.18)

Posted Dec 10, 2020 07:01 AM
    and if you do a search on: CA UIM_20.3.1_HA_setup_0.21.zip + select entries from the last 2 weeks ?
    This happens a lot with attachments in communities, some can see them and others don't see them??

• 7.  RE: Tech Tip: UIM & UMP HA/failover setup and customization doc (version 0.18)

Posted Dec 10, 2020 07:21 AM
    Thanks Luc. I found it, and the reason for not getting the alarm. NAS is looking for enrichment_subject of alarm, but it is set to alarm1 because of ems (which I am not using to perform enrichments). :)

Chris

• 8.  RE: Tech Tip: UIM & UMP HA/failover setup and customization doc (version 0.18)

Posted Jan 20, 2022 09:23 AM
    Failover is tested in 20.4 environment based on this document, failover works fine for Hub, OC and Cabi