DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only

ACL matching doesn't happen when logging into a hub that proxies its LDAP queries to a Direct LDAP hub using Okta

• 1.  ACL matching doesn't happen when logging into a hub that proxies its LDAP queries to a Direct LDAP hub using Okta

Posted Jan 15, 2021 04:25 PM
    I could figure this out if I had a whitepaper on all of the RC settings available for LDAP templates.

• When an LDAP user logs into the IM on any hub with Direct LDAP, the ACLs work perfectly.
      • The user has the correct permissions, and the bottom of the IM displays the user's ACL.
      • This works regardless of whether I use Okta or an internal LDAP server (Active Directory).
    • When an LDAP user logs into the IM on a hub that uses a Nimsoft Proxy Hub configured to use Okta, the ACLs don't work. The user has read-only access.
      • The ACL at the bottom of the IM displays <Not Supported> for the ACL.
    • When an LDAP user logs into the IM on the same hub as a Nimsoft Proxy Hub configured to use an internal LDAP server (Active Directory), the ACLs work perfectly.
    • I can change the proxy hub's configuration from the internal LDAP server with AD to the Okta LDAP server, and it will suddenly stop working on the hub that uses the same proxy hub. If I change it back, it starts working again.
    • When an LDAP user logs into the IM on any hub with Direct LDAP to Okta and the format key is set to $username@$domain, the user can't log in. I had to delete the format key since I don't know what else to use.