DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  The robots which are there in primary hub are also there in secondary hub . When I am trying to remove the robots from secondary hub in IM console they are coming back .

Posted Aug 20, 2019 03:13 AM
    The robots which are there in primary hub are also there in secondary hub . When I am trying to remove the robots from secondary hub in IM console they are coming back in IM console .

How to resolve this kind of issue .

Regards
    Amar

• 2.  RE: The robots which are there in primary hub are also there in secondary hub . When I am trying to remove the robots from secondary hub in IM console they are coming back .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2019 03:50 AM
    Hi 

On the robot Specify the hub to point to current hub in robot so it does not move
    Secondary hub ->Specified Hub(IP/name)
    Uncheck ->Search the subnet for temporaryhub when primary and secondary hubs are unavailable

On secondary hub remove the unwanted robots from the Robots tab

• 3.  RE: The robots which are there in primary hub are also there in secondary hub . When I am trying to remove the robots from secondary hub in IM console they are coming back .

Posted Aug 20, 2019 08:34 AM
    What are the exact steps used to remove these robots?

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: The robots which are there in primary hub are also there in secondary hub . When I am trying to remove the robots from secondary hub in IM console they are coming back .

Posted Aug 22, 2019 02:38 AM
    Hi ,

I have removed robots by right click on the robot in IM console from secondary hub after confirming that  robot is available on primary hub .

Regards
    AMar

• 5.  RE: The robots which are there in primary hub are also there in secondary hub . When I am trying to remove the robots from secondary hub in IM console they are coming back .

Posted Aug 22, 2019 05:45 AM
    It could help if you post a copy of your architecture.
    Because in other posts you referenced that you have the date_engine and discovery server also running on your secondary hub? That could explain your robot behaviour.

• 6.  RE: The robots which are there in primary hub are also there in secondary hub . When I am trying to remove the robots from secondary hub in IM console they are coming back .

Posted Aug 22, 2019 08:37 AM
    To remove a robot from a hub 
    1 ensure the robot is configured to report to the new hub
    2 clear nis cache at the robot
    How to clear niscache on an individual robot
    Article Id: 44669
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=44669
    3 IM console > hub configure gui > robots tab > select the robot > right click > remove
    this will remove the robot from the hub's robot.sds. 
    Note if the robot is still configured to report to that robot, then the robot will get added back to that hub.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: The robots which are there in primary hub are also there in secondary hub . When I am trying to remove the robots from secondary hub in IM console they are coming back .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 09:14 AM
    You may find these articles helpful as well.

How to Completely Remove a Robot or a HUB from USM Inventory?
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=10910

How to delete robots in UIM when a VM with a robot has been powered off/decommissioned
    https://ca-broadcomcsm.wolkenservicedesk.com/wolken/esd/knowledgebase_search?articleId=117796

Best Regards,
    Steve

[Designation]
    [City]