DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  It's possible have CABI robot in Windows with DB in Oracle

Posted Jun 18, 2021 07:33 PM
    Hi Everyone.

I am thinking install DX UIM 20.3.3 with DB Oracle. The core servers OC and Primary Hub in RHE 8.4 but CABI in windows server 2019. This is possible? I think that yes, but i am not sure. The robot and cabi probe support ws2019.

Right now i have another enviroment UIM 20.1 in windows with DB MSSQL but with CABI in RHE 7.9 and working fine.

• 2.  RE: It's possible have CABI robot in Windows with DB in Oracle

Posted Jun 21, 2021 04:19 AM
    Hello Miller Grisepe

do you plan to use the bundled CABI for UIM (cabi probe) or the external CABI for UIM (cabi_external probe). If you install the cabi probe a bundled jasper server will be installed and the Database of data_engine probe is used.
    If you install cabi_external you have to specify the database and jasperserver to use and for this environment Broadcom supports Unix based Jasper Release only. 

Kind regards,
    Britta Hoffner

• 3.  RE: It's possible have CABI robot in Windows with DB in Oracle

Posted Jun 21, 2021 04:36 PM
    Hi Britta, we will install the bundled CABI for UIM (cabi probe). With this information, so we haven´t problems with this installation. thanks.

• 4.  RE: It's possible have CABI robot in Windows with DB in Oracle

Posted Jun 22, 2021 02:24 AM
    Hello Miller Grisepe,

you can find the software requirements for this setup here https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/20-3/installing/ca-business-intelligence-with-ca-uim/installing-and-upgrading-ca-business-intelligence-jasperreports-server-with-ca-uim/install-or-upgrade-for-an-external-ca-business-intelligence-jasperreports-server.html

If you need to have external CABI Jasper Server for Windows in this environment you can request a controlled release through a support case from broadcom.

Kind regards,
    Britta Hoffner

• 5.  RE: It's possible have CABI robot in Windows with DB in Oracle

Posted Jun 22, 2021 02:47 AM
    Also note that in 20.3 that cabi bundled has jasperserver 7.5 (which includes several important fixes) while cabi external still only supports jasperserver 7.1.1 (as shown above with Britta's update.  Go for bundled if you can.

------------------------------
    Knows a little about UIM/DXim, AE, Automic
    ------------------------------