DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  OC 20.3: How does a "non-admin" User change his/her password?

Posted Dec 04, 2020 01:44 AM
    Hi!
    A simple question for an elementar function :-) hope there is a simple answer for it and  it will not include "make an idea/dropped/forgotten/never implemented" :-)

We have some local User in our OC (no BUS, no LDAP) simply Account -> User  (got transferred from UMP with the Update)

How do those User can change their password by themself? They have the old SDP-ACL "Change Password" Permission., but how and where, there is no "Setting"-Wheel
    Searched the official Documentation but didnt found anything

cheers
    Matthias

• 2.  RE: OC 20.3: How does a "non-admin" User change his/her password?

Posted Dec 04, 2020 04:41 AM
    known issues (from 20.3 doc):
    [UIM 20.3.0] Change Password for Account Users who are added manually in Account Admin is not available
    Symptom:
    In UIM 20.3.0, for any new users who are added manually in Account Admin, change password option is not available. Users cannot change the password using the Operator Console.

• 3.  RE: OC 20.3: How does a "non-admin" User change his/her password?

Posted Dec 04, 2020 05:05 AM
    Hi Luc,

*facepalm*, forgot that part of the doc... I will put it under my pillow :-)

(sarcasm)
    Hope there is an idea for that to vote up, I'll have a look in a few minutes... :->
    (/sarcasm)

Thanks a lot and stay healthy!

cheers
    Matthias

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    METZLER
    Informationstechnologie

Matthias Gruber
    IT-Infrastruktur & -Betrieb

B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co.
    Kommanditgesellschaft auf Aktien
    Untermainanlage 1
    60329 Frankfurt am Main
    Telefon (0 69) 21 04 - 43 30
    Telefax (0 69) 21 04 - 40 40
    MGruber@metzler.com
    www.metzler.com

Von:        

• 4.  RE: OC 20.3: How does a "non-admin" User change his/her password?

Posted Dec 04, 2020 06:20 AM
    I logged a case for this and the support response was for this to be fixed in the FY21Q1  release so sometime in the next quarter ...