DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Robot can't connect to the hub

• 1.  Robot can't connect to the hub

Posted Jul 12, 2019 03:44 PM
    Hey Guys,

Newbie here, just want to ask this one. Should the server installed with robot be able to reach the hub via its domain name? The server w/ robot had some changes in its DNS settings and now can't connect to the hub. What you guys think?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Robot can't connect to the hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2019 10:37 AM
    Hello John, it is controlled in the Nimsoft\robot\robot.cfg file name and ipaddress is has. You may have to look at this values and adjust if necessary.

robotname 
    hubip 
    robotip 
    hubrobotname 

Kind regards,
    Britta

• 3.  RE: Robot can't connect to the hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2019 12:45 PM
    I agree with Britta. I would edit the robot.cfg as described with the correct information, and set the controller loglevel to 5 and logsize to 5000, but also clear out the niscache folder of all content, then stop the robot, then start it. Check the log on startup.

Steve

------------------------------
    [Designation]
    [City]

• 4.  RE: Robot can't connect to the hub

Posted Jul 15, 2019 09:19 PM
    Thanks for that. Though after checking the connections from robot to hub. I think it's network issue since there's no connection from robot to ports 48000-48002 of the hub.

• 5.  RE: Robot can't connect to the hub

Thanks for that. Though after checking the connections from robot to hub. I think it's network issue since there's no connection from robot to ports 48000-48002 of the hub.

• 6.  RE: Robot can't connect to the hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2019 11:56 PM
    Hi .

To Add ,please check below option also

Using DNS Names for the Hub Server in robot.cfg

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/controller/controller-im-configuration#controllerIMConfiguration-UsingDNSNamesfortheHubServerinrobot.cfg

• 7.  RE: Robot can't connect to the hub

• 8.  RE: Robot can't connect to the hub
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 16, 2019 02:19 PM
    If the problem is specific to just those ports, the robot can be configured to use different ports by adding these lines to the robot.cfg and which ever ports that will work. 
    controller_port = 48010
    spooler_port = 48011
    first_probe_port = 48012

Support Engineer
    Broadcom