DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  how to clear custom alerts in sqlserver probe

Posted Oct 22, 2021 02:48 PM
    Hi everyone.

I have created in sqlserver probe a custom checkpoint that generates alert when PCT <= 45%, when changing the condition the alert is not cleared automatically.

Is there any way of doing this? I don't see the "Clear Severity" field as if it appears in oracle probe

The status sqlserver indicate OK.

• 2.  RE: how to clear custom alerts in sqlserver probe

Posted Oct 22, 2021 02:57 PM
    Suspect that the suppression id that's being sent with the default_1 clear message isn't matching the supp key sent with the Custom_NodeID-Inferior message.

Also, just to query, is there a reason you are not doing this with the sql_response probe? Over the years I've found that the better tool for managing queries in addition to the standard sqlserver probe. Most cases I deploy both even though that comes with the additional overhead of managing two sets of credentials.

• 3.  RE: how to clear custom alerts in sqlserver probe

Posted Oct 22, 2021 02:58 PM
    Oh, and its best to use DrNimbus to see what's actually happening as a starting point - could just be something silly causing the problem - like a misspelling somewhere (or using _ instead of - for instance).

• 4.  RE: how to clear custom alerts in sqlserver probe

Posted Oct 22, 2021 05:33 PM
    Hi @Garin Walsh

I think that maybe what you indicate makes sense, but I don't know how to look at it and correct it, or if maybe the probe has that problem in which the "clear" is not defined. I tried defining a threshold-Object of type Clear, but the alarm did not clear.

On the other hand, it is the first time that I use sqlserver probe, I had worked with the oracle probe and it seemed easy to create a custom checkpoint, in fact this probe has the automatic clear, I thought that sqlserver would be the same. ​