DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

• 1.  Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Posted Jul 28, 2020 08:30 AM
    Hi Team,
    What could be the issue here as I am not getting colors as we configured for data source 'alarms' ? and I am facing this issue for all alarms data source in the dashboard designer.

UIM : 20.1

• 2.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Posted Jul 28, 2020 08:33 AM
    Infact I have tried to assign the images with alarms data source in dashboard designer and facing the same issue. 
    Images are not changing when we are getting alarms with that alarm filter.

• 3.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Posted Jul 28, 2020 04:57 PM
    Don't know but question the wisdom in creating anything new in dashboard designer instead of cabi since these dashboard are going away with uim 20.3 and will become non functional with the end of flash at the end of the year.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Posted Jul 28, 2020 05:05 PM
    Thank you David for your response but currently we are using this and need to know what could be the solution as alarms for that data source is not able to change the colors assigned to all severity in the dashboard.

• 5.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Posted Jul 29, 2020 07:26 AM
    It will probably be necessary to open a support case.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Posted Jul 29, 2020 06:09 AM
    David,
    Will current Dashboards be dropped without conversion tool? I had the impression that a similar Dashboard would be available under cabi?
    Thanks, Luc

• 7.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Posted Jul 29, 2020 08:01 AM
    It is expected that you attended the roadmap sessions, and so know as much as me about this. 
    now does 
    Will current Dashboards be dropped without conversion tool?
    mean current built in dashboards 
    or any and all custom dashboards 

Don't remember exactly what they said, but do think it was mentioned more than once to use cabi going forward. 

With your understanding of dashboard designer and how it is based on the use of widgets and how the data source works there, do you think this can be converted into cabi dashboards? 20.1 already goes a long way at providing dashboards providing the same info as the out of the box dashboards, so for built in there may not be much needed for 20.3. But for the custom dashboards with all the fancy stuff some put into them do you think it is even possible to recreate that in cabi? 

This may actually turn out to be bringing a lot of work your way.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 8.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2020 09:09 AM
    Please note any comments below are forward looking and subject to change:

I have been on recent meetings with UIM Product Management and the HTML 5 Dashboard Designer is going to be part of 20.3 and on releases.  It is not Flash so are going to bring it into the Operator Console.

If you are currently having issues with Dashboard Designer, please open a ticket.

Things that are being removed in 20.3 from the UMP:
    • USM (The current Home Page)
    • Performance Reports Designer (PRD)
    • LIst Viewer (Most of the Unified Dashboards are built with this portlet)
    • List Designer
    • SLM (They say they are going to rebuild this in Operator Console)
    • Relationship Viewer
    • LifeRay Portal

Hope this helps

Customer Success Architect
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Posted Jul 29, 2020 09:14 AM
    thank you for that Jay.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 10.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Posted Jul 29, 2020 10:18 AM
    Too many dashboard portlets.

And my rule of the day, trust no one and fact check everything - who knows that the underlying motives actually are....

Here's my understanding of the playing field:

The legacy dashboard designer portlet was dropped early in 8.x and today doesn't function on 8.50 and newer. This will still be gone in 20.30

The Unified Dashboards are Liferay (UMP) pages with a mix of portlets - almost exclusively a mix of list viewer and Performance reports. Because UMP is being removed in 20.30, there will be nothing to host portlets as they are today and so any part of the product today that's a portlet will be different/gone in 20.30 and so the set of Unified Dashboards as they are today will be gone. Many are being represented in CABI so there's that.

The dashboard portlet that's available today in UIM 20.10 is HTML 5 based and is supposed to be moved into Operatorconsole. In theory it will continue to function as it is today except it will no longer be a portlet but instead accessed out of a "legacy dashboard" section in Operatorconsle similar to the CaBI dashboards.

It also seems that the intended long term idea is that CABI is where you should put your efforts because of the overlap in functionality. Keep in mind though that CABI is a third party product and is subject to that additional vendor's design vision. Which might in the future make it incompatible or that Broadcom might in 21.2 decide that they no longer want to share the licensing revenue and drop it. Granted they could drop the dashboarding functionality completely anyway so it's always a risk.

• 11.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Posted Jul 29, 2020 10:19 AM
    But to the original post about the data sources not working with the dashboards in 20.10, I am also seeing this issue and have an open case. I'd suggest you also open a case

• 12.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard

Posted Jul 29, 2020 01:43 PM
    I am not having this issue in my lab 20.1 installation. Can you share what you are using as the alarm filter?

HTML5_dashboard_alarms

[Designation]
    [City]

• 13.  RE: Dashboard issue : Active alarm configuration is not changing the color in dashboard
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 29, 2020 02:52 PM
    Not a "configuration issue" as sometimes F5 fixes it, sometimes logging out and back in does, sometimes just navigating away from the page and back does. This, of course, could be completely different from the issue the original poster mentions. And as an aside, it worked reliably in 8.51 in my case. 20.10 is pretty random and unreliable as far as the display of data via the web interfaces. There is something very broken in it somewhere.