DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Alarm View: OC does not store column width and position

Posted Aug 04, 2021 03:06 AM
    Hi all,

after in the version 20.3.3 the saving of the columns width and position does not work any more I had the hope that this works again with the July patch. But unfortunately I was disappointed.
    You can now define and permanently save which columns are displayed (good), but unfortunately neither position nor width of the columns are saved (very bad). It is enough to change the view in the current session and all settings are gone again.

Furthermore, you still can't sort or filter by the column "Owner".
    I also don't understand why the default width of the message column was defined so small.

So the alarm view is hard to use in daily operation.

Can anyone confirm this or tell what is going wrong?

• 2.  RE: Alarm View: OC does not store column width and position

Posted Aug 04, 2021 10:53 PM
    I agree, the alarm panel is very hard to work with. 

The severity and Actions columns are very wide meaning they take up valuable real estate and don't have the ability to be resized:

For us - the Alarm Message column is probably the most important field but it constantly gets squished down to the smallest. Whereas the host column gets stretched out longer than the hostnames within it.

It definitely needs some attention

• 3.  RE: Alarm View: OC does not store column width and position

Posted Aug 05, 2021 03:07 AM
    Hi!
    We did not update from 20.3.2 to 20.3.3 because auf the changes and shortcomings in the OC. That is unacceptable for our Operating to work with that Column-behavoiur, and a waste of time to reset the proper look for the OC to work with it every time.

I hoped that it will be fixed with the July-Patch, another Broadcom-Disappointment, got used to it in the meanwhille.
    If I remember the "Whats-Next"-Presentation of DXIM in June right I think thats a topic of 20.4 in Q4.... in my Opinion and experience for 20.4.1 :-).

Sad to hear that the bug seems still to exists, well therefore no Update to 20.3.3 and waiting for 20.4

cheers
    Matthias

• 4.  RE: Alarm View: OC does not store column width and position

Posted Aug 05, 2021 11:31 AM
    Hi @Olaf Pape,

our support agents are complaining about that since we upgraded to 20.3.x.
    The "feature" was even mentioned in the last roadmap presentation of the product manager for 20.4:
    Expresses how desperate Broadcom is about their software quality.
    ​As much as I appreciate that they "hear" their users....in this state it cant be advertised as an enterprise product anymore.

• 5.  RE: Alarm View: OC does not store column width and position

Posted Aug 10, 2021 06:34 AM
    My understanding from the current defects that we have open is that 20.4 will include an update to the React framework (shudder, what will this break) so that many of these issues can be corrected. I think that @Matthias Gruber is right and it will be 20.4.1 before we see these sorts of things ready for production use.

Like everyone else I am getting requests for change to the interface and I am either having to say "NO" or "YES BUT", neither answer making anybody happy at the moment.  I would like to see a sprint review, or beta tests but this blind faith is not working for me after the mess that was made of the UI as part of the flash replacement.

Regards, Andrew

------------------------------
    Knows a little about UIM/DXim, AE, Automic
    ------------------------------