DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

• 1.  CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 03, 2019 11:14 AM
    Hello fellow UIM folks,

We are deploying a fresh bundled CABI robot and are consistently getting the same java exception.
    The robot is running on RHEL 7.6 release. RAM is configured to 6 GB to exceed minimum required specs.

The error pops up shortly after probe deployment begins. All of the required packages are present. 
    Is anyone familiar with this peculiar error?

The database is Oracle. Here is the java exception:

Oct 02 16:04:43:441 [main, cabi] EncryptorService initializing. Oct 02 16:04:43:441 [main, cabi] EncryptorService initializing. Oct 02 16:04:44:319 [main, cabi] ****************[ Starting ]**************** Oct 02 16:04:44:319 [main, cabi] 3.2.0 Oct 02 16:04:44:319 [main, cabi] CA Oct 02 16:04:44:322 [main, cabi] port=48011 Oct 02 16:04:44:355 [main, cabi] Login to NimBUS is OK Oct 02 16:04:44:363 [main, cabi] cabi_mode is 'bundled' Oct 02 16:04:44:363 [main, cabi] Running installation sequence since this is either a fresh install or an upgrade Oct 02 16:04:44:539 [main, cabi] activating wasp... Oct 02 16:04:44:552 [main, cabi] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1  at com.nimsoft.nimdbprovider.de.provider.DataEngineDBProviderInfo.parseDEConnectionString(DataEngineDBProviderInfo.java:248)  at com.nimsoft.nimdbprovider.de.provider.DataEngineDBProviderInfo.<init>(DataEngineDBProviderInfo.java:75)  at com.nimsoft.nimdbprovider.de.provider.DataEngineDBProviderFactory.createDataEngineDBProvider(DataEngineDBProviderFactory.java:43)  at com.ca.cabi4uim.common.DBInfoFactory.initNimDBProviderBase(DBInfoFactory.java:39)  at com.ca.cabi4uim.common.DBInfoFactory.getNimDBProviderBase(DBInfoFactory.java:23)  at com.ca.cabi4uim.Probe.setupcabi(Probe.java:276)  at com.ca.cabi4uim.Probe.initOnTimer(Probe.java:620)  at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimProbe.doForever(NimProbe.java:418)  at com.ca.cabi4uim.Probe.run(Probe.java:805)  at com.ca.cabi4uim.Probe.main(Probe.java:111) Oct  2 16:04:45:552 [139834224711488] Controller: Probe 'cabi' (command = <startup java>) returns no-restart code (42)

• 2.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2019 11:18 AM
    HI we need a little more information
    What version of UIM?
    What version of CABI?
    is it bundled or cabi external?
    robot version where cabi is running?
    robot version on the primary?
    back end oracle type and version?
    if you are running 9.x did you update the controller with the pem file from the primary so that the robot could communicate with the data_engine and get the connection string?

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 03, 2019 11:46 AM
    Hi Gene,
    here is the detailed information:

UIM version = 9.0.2
    CABI probe version = 3.20
    CABI type = bundled
    Robot version = 7.93
    Robot version of Primary = 7.96
    Back end oracle type and version = Oracle 11G running on RHEL 6.10

We did distribute the certificate.pem file to the UMP and CABI robots prior to install and updated the robot.cfg files. There are no errors related to data_engine connection. We also recently re-installed UMP which worked fine, so we know that the.pem file config works.
    I tried to deploy CABI probe using two different ways - without first deploying the wasp probe and by first deploying the wasp probe and keeping it inactive. This error came up both times.

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2019 11:50 AM
    the first thing is that you need to update the robot to 7.96 or newer for the pem file to work.
    this will not work with the 7.93 robot.
    so I would do the following
    1) update the robot to 7.96
    make sure the robot.cfg has the information for the pem file
    delete the wasp and cabi probes from the UI and the file system
    delete the <nimsoft>\c folder from the file system and deploy it again and see if that does not fix your issue.

make sure to set your robot loglevel to 3 and logsize to 5000 and the cabi probe loglevel to 5 and logsize to 35000 if you still have a problem a restart the robot.
    this should provide you with further information if still having an issue.

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 03, 2019 03:57 PM
    Performed recommended tasks:

- upgraded robots to the same version 7.96
    - checked certificate.pem config in robot.cfg
    - fully uninstalled cabi and wasp from the cabi robot.
    - deleted cabi and wasp directories
    - did not deploy wasp this time to let cabi do it

Cabi deployment failed a bit quicker this time with the same error. I captured an additional error in the controller.log:

Oct 3 14:58:42:315 [140565323671360] Controller: probe_list (cabi) from 10.28.168.209/64979
    Oct 3 15:02:14:190 [140565323671360] Controller: portAliveCheck - check cabi 48011
    Oct 3 15:02:14:191 [140565323671360] Controller: AliveCheckNext cabi/48011
    Oct 3 15:02:14:192 [140565323671360] Controller: AliveStatus failed: cabi/48011 communication error (0)

Looks like the robot cannot communicate locally with the cabi probe on port 48011, correct?

Thanks!

• 6.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 04, 2019 11:44 AM
      |   view attached
    I got a little further than last time. This morning, I deployed wasp before deploying cabi and manually configured the key for data_enginer in the wasp's raw configuration.

This time the wasp started properly, but cabi probe still went red with the same java exception. One odd thing I noticed is that wasp and cabi are trying to run on the same port 48011.

• 7.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2019 11:47 AM
    thy updating the robot to this version:
    ftp://UIMuser:CnIa24uJ@ftp.ca.com/UIM_Probe_Hotfixes/robot_update-7.97HF3.zip
    and  make sure you have the first_probe_port set to 48000 in the robot.cfg /controller gui

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 8.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 04, 2019 12:17 PM
    Gene,
    I went directly to the hot fix page, but this particular hot fix file is not available, not found on the server.

• 9.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2019 12:20 PM
    I am not sure which hot page you are hitting but it is on the latest one:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/product-content/recommended-reading/technical-document-index/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-hotfix-index.html?r=2

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 10.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 04, 2019 12:27 PM
    Yes, went to this page. When I click on the file download link, I get a "Site can't be reached" error. Does it work for you?

• 11.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2019 12:42 PM
    I just tested it both inside the Broadcom network and from outside of it and it worked both times no errors.

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 12.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 04, 2019 12:55 PM
    Just found out that our login does not permit these downloads. I will go via support case. Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!!

• 13.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 04, 2019 01:05 PM
    cough, cough still no date of fix column... cough cough... 
    :D

Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Architect
    Alphaserve Technologies

• 14.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2019 01:06 PM
    There was one for a short time, and then for some reason it got removed, and I have not been able to get any answer as to what happened or whether it can be restored. :(

• 15.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 04, 2019 02:13 PM
    An important item in that image to which you report, it is odd that cabi and wasp have the same port, is that cabi dropped the pid but not the port. When that happens the robot or the nimsoft robot watcher service should be restarted to ensure all threads have been closed, before doing anything else. 
    This is less likely to happen with the recommended revision of robot.
    Also that HF version of the robot should be deployed to the other systems as well. 
    Is this RHEL 7.6 a 64 or 32 bit sytem? think cabi only works on 64
    This KB is not an exact match and is for an earlier version but still has some info that might help
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=7985

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 16.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 04, 2019 02:22 PM
    David,

our RHEL's are all 64 bit. I already have a case with Broadcom to get us the hotfix version of the robot. 
    Hopefully, I will be able to upgrade this coming Monday, Oct 7th. 

I will post an update as soon as I test the hot fix.
    Thank you for the tips and info.

• 17.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 04, 2019 03:33 PM
    Just ran a test after upgrading robot with a hotfix version.
    The port assignment is now working good and cabi received a unique port. But the cabi probe still does not start with the same exact java exception.
    No other errors are seen. I will open a separate case for this one.

• 18.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2019 11:21 AM
    You might also want to look at the file in the <nimsoft>/c/ca_install directory
    uim.log
    uim.properties
    these might provide some further insight

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 19.  RE: CABI probe deployment fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:

Posted Oct 08, 2019 02:03 PM
    The issue is resolved:

Additional observation - the cabi probe deployment failed at an early phase and <UIM_install_dir>/c was not created yet at that point. Also, no cabi related tables were created in the database.

After installing 7.97HF3 robot_update fix on the cabi robot, cabi ver 3.32 was used and it deployed successfully.
    WASP probe had to be deployed manually prior to cabi deployment and the wasp raw_configuration data_engine key had to be set to the correct value (copy from UMP robot).