DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

• 1.  In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Posted Aug 05, 2019 09:58 AM
    In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory utilization : D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin .

How to make this normal ?  

Regards
    Amar

• 2.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Posted Aug 05, 2019 10:14 AM
    And also I have traced PID and understood that discovery server has taken most memory and then how to analyse this / reduce this ?

Regards
    AMar

• 3.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 03:36 PM

The discovery server does a LOT of work.
    It is expected to use CPU almost constantly and has high memory usage.

what problem are you trying to solve?

Did the CPU and memory all of a sudden increase?

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 09:50 PM
    Are you using virtualization probes (vmware, aws, azure) or storage probes ?
    If so, read the following article.
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=10375 
    This parameter (discovery_server_version) is common in all virtualization and storage probes, that will help reducing discovery_server workload.

• 5.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Posted Aug 13, 2019 09:40 AM
    Hi Yu ,

Will the link provided by you resolve high memory usage problem in our primary hub? Currently our primary hub has 32 GB RAM . Please let me know ..

• 6.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Posted Aug 13, 2019 03:56 PM
    the intent of the KB is to reduce the load on discover_server which is the only thing you identified as using a lot of ram.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Posted Aug 14, 2019 06:32 AM
    Hi ,  

Actually the vmware probes are not deployed on hub and infact we have deployed this on other robots . So , let me know whether the above link works or not if I do follow the above one .

Regards
    AMar

• 8.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 08:53 PM
    The suggested article works no matter if vmware probe is running on a hub, or on a robot. Thanks.

• 9.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Posted Aug 14, 2019 06:43 AM
    Hi Yu ,

Shall I do the same thing for storage probes as well?

• 10.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 08:45 PM
    Yes. You are correct. Please do it.

• 11.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Posted Aug 19, 2019 04:35 AM
    Hi ,

I have followed the link  for vmware ans storage probes  and still we are getting the  same discovery server probe utilizing high memory and along with that data engine , Ems and qos processor are also taking high memory . Plz suggest what is needed to be done .

Regards
    AMar

• 12.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Posted Aug 19, 2019 08:30 AM

Hi ,

I have applied the same according to the link that you have provided and still memory utilization is over 80 % and on avg it is touching 84 % . Please let me know .

• 13.  RE: In UIM , I have noticed that this java is taking a lot of memory D:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\jre\jre8u102\bin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2019 05:16 AM
    Thank you very much for reply. You might want to raise a support case to look at any further advise.