DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I populate the alarmID in the Custom # Fields for every alarm?

• 1.  How can I populate the alarmID in the Custom # Fields for every alarm?

Posted Oct 08, 2019 09:23 AM
    So we are integrating SNOW and UIM sending all alerts from UIM to SNOW. The snmpgtw probe has a defect where when the alarm is cleared it doesn't use the same alarmID from the original alert when it sends the CLEAR trap. In order to work around this defect is I could populate the AlarmID in one of the Custom Column (1/2/3/4/5) columns I can send that over and map that column to the unique alerrt property on the SNOW side. 
    How can I do this in the nas?

------------------------------
    Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Architect
    Alphaserve Technologies
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: How can I populate the alarmID in the Custom # Fields for every alarm?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 08, 2019 12:00 PM
    My understanding is that you can't - that id get's manipulated by the nas suppression logic. I believe that the same issue happens with replication between nas instances too because I constantly have to run an external process that emulates the suppression process to locate records missed by the replication process and manually close out upstream alarms.

My thought here though is that you might be able to query the nas transaction log table for items flagged as closed and then forward on the alarm id from the original alarm open rather than what came through on the close. just use the close alarm event to trigger an AO that runs the SQL and then forwards on the message - or use it to create a raw alarm with the correct value?