DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Nas prob taking huge time to sync to nis bridge

Posted Sep 17, 2021 12:18 PM
    Dear All,

Getting issue while open nas configure it's taking too much time to sync database to nis bridge.
    Request your help to resolve this same.
    We have deleted huge number of alarm n transaction logs from database 
    After clearing then whenever we open the nas prob it's getting huge time it's should not be happened.

Please help.

Thanks
    Sushant

• 2.  RE: Nas prob taking huge time to sync to nis bridge

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2021 01:15 PM
    Hi Sushant,

Yes this  can be a common issue for high volume Alarm generation. Probably have to remove temp DB's and restart nas. Here is a KB with nas issues and KB's with solutions. Your issue is listed.

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=93031

• 3.  RE: Nas prob taking huge time to sync to nis bridge

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 17, 2021 01:42 PM
    Hi Sushant,

I wrote the article regarding nas sync issues including a later version which focused more on how to prevent them moving forward.

nas Best Practices, Tips and Techniques (for Large Environments)
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/192089/

I need to consolidate them but in the meantime, either can help you resolve this issue and prevent the same issue from happening in the future.

Steve

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Nas prob taking huge time to sync to nis bridge

Posted Sep 17, 2021 02:10 PM
    Not to discount or disagree with the information posted above which is good to be aware of but I will also say that it is pretty routine to occasionally have 2000+ second (up to never completing) nas sync times when the norm is 1-3 seconds. I think that there's more to the sync process than just size and that occasionally it gets to a point where it just can't progress. It will potentially be that way for up to a couple days until something changes enough in the data and you're back to tolerable sync times.

You can, if pushed to is, edit the nas cfg file to disable the nis bridge, start the GUI, then re-enable the nis bridge. This "usually" fixes things if you're to the point where you really need the nas gui to be working without regard to the database data.