DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  add license and probes download error

Posted Mar 30, 2020 08:15 PM
    Hello team Broadcom

I hope you are fine.

I am installing v20.1, when I want to download the probes that I need to use, it throws the error of  CNimListCtrl - OnDownloadMsg: Error creating CNimPackageEditorOcx 

add licencse

As such the following are not shown:

Selecting the probe to download completes the download but throws the error

The probe that are active in the primary hub, when you want to open it throws this dialog box and shows the raw configure:
    An attempt was made to eliminate the one that comes by default but it is not eliminated.

I hope your valuable help.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: add license and probes download error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 08:57 PM
    Hi David,

Let me know if you find this helpful.

IM install/download errors: NimList OCX Error creating CNimPackageEditor Ocx
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=33919

Unable to open probes. getting error Cannot create CNimPackageEditor
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=8878

Licensing
    From CA UIM 9.2.0 onward, hub/robot- and probe-level licensing requirements have been removed. Deploy the hub, robot, and distsrv versions released with CA UIM 9.2.0 to remove the license dependency. If you want to continue with the older versions of hub and probes that require an extension of the license, contact Support so that they can assist you in extending the license (if required).

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/9-0-2/release-notes/ca-uim-9-service-pack-1.html

See-> Removed License Dependency (Hub, Robot, Probes)
    From CA UIM 9.2.0 onward, hub/robot- and probe-level licensing requirements have been removed. Deploy the hub, robot, and distsrv versions released with CA UIM 9.2.0 to remove the license dependency. With this change:

- The hub UI displays the license information as perpetual.
    - The addition or deletion of license is no longer applicable.
    - distsrv 9.20 has a dependency on the robot 9.20/9.20S.
    - Take a backup of all the existing licenses before upgrading to CA UIM 9.2.0.
    - If you want to continue with the older versions of hub/robot and probes that require an extension of the license, contact Support so that they can assist you in extending the license (if required).
    - All the relevant sections in documentation have been updated with this information.

Steve

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: add license and probes download error

Posted Mar 30, 2020 10:50 PM
    Hi Steve
    Thanks for the info.
    I see the links and they are problems for w10, the OS I use is windows server 2012 r2
    Even so, uninstall the SW from the server and reinstall it and the same error appears.

• 4.  RE: add license and probes download error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 10:56 PM
    Hi

Is the vs_2008xxxx installed on the server where IM is installed 

• 5.  RE: add license and probes download error

Posted Mar 30, 2020 11:10 PM
    Hello Frankiln 
    Thanks for you help
    I want to download it from the archive but it shows this window:
    Regards

• 6.  RE: add license and probes download error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 11:41 PM
    Hi

vs2008_redist_x64.zip and vs2008_redist_x86.zip versions 1.01 attached .

Check if can import to archive via IM .If not copy these manually to archive folder in your install path and restart distsrv probe and should be able to
    see these in IM archive

<uim-install-path>\Nimsoft\archive

Attachment(s)

zip
    vs2008_redist_x64.zip   4.95 MB 1 version
    zip
    vs2008_redist_x86.zip   4.26 MB 1 version

• 7.  RE: add license and probes download error

Posted Mar 31, 2020 01:11 AM
    Hi Franklin.
    thanks for the help, the installation of these files had to be done manually, the sw was reinstalled and it already allows the probes to open normally.
    Thank you very much
    Regards.

• 8.  RE: add license and probes download error

Posted May 29, 2020 09:22 AM
    I'm having the same problem on a hub in GCP. When I try to uninstall or reinstall, I get a catastrophic failure error.

I deployed the vs2008_redist_x64 and vs2008_redist_x86 1.01 packages, but the problem persists.