In attachment a Perl tool that can report on the:
- nas_transaction_log (detailed log)
- nas_transaction_summary (1 line per alarm)
tables and produce reports in html or csv format.
- Sample detail report (html format)
- sample overview report:
- sample open alarm report:
A doc file is in the attached zip file.
Quick start (without customizing nimsoft_generic.dat):
- if Perl is installed copy nimsoft_alarm_reporter.pl, nimsoft_generic.pm and nimsoft_generic.dat to a local directory
- if perl is not installed copy nimsoft_alarm_reporter.exe and nimsoft_generic.dat/pm to a local directory
(you are not required to customize the nimsoft_generic.dat file, but than you need to use the -sr, -su and -sp options)
- execute: perl nimsoft_alarm_reporter.pl -sr"sql_servername" -su"sa" -sp"sql_psw" -bh"1"
Quick start (with customizing nimsoft_generic.dat)
- copy the files in a directory
- edit the file: nimsoft_generic.dat and change all settings/variables
- the passwords in this file must be encrypted by: nimsoft_crypt.exe your_password
(the output will be the encrypted password that you copy in nimsoft_generic.dat)
- execute: nimsoft_alarm_reporter -b"1"
(this will generate a report of all detail alarms of the last hour in c:\temp)
Any comment or idea is very welcome.
- filter on level
- filter on acknowledged_by
- filter on assigned_by and assigned_to
- use sql trusted connection to connect to mssql
- can also report on nas_transaction_summary table, this table creates only 1 record for an alarm, even if it's generated every 5 minutes.
- can run on Windows with MSSQL or Mysql
- can run on Linux with Mysql/Mariadb
- can run on a standalone (no perl or sql client) Linux and Windows with the compiled version
- documented how to create your own Perl environment to run this tool
Version 1.9:- add use_https in nimsoft_generic.dat/pm- add sql_driver in nimsoft_generic.dat/pm (TLS 1.2)- -mm: report on a month (o: current month, 1: previous month)- -bm: report on the xx last minutes- -bh or -b for the last xx hours- tested with UIM 9.20Version 1.9.2:- add overview report based on source & probe # of alarmsVersion 1.9.4:- tested with UIM 20.4 and Perl 5.32- nimsoft_generic.pm and nimsoft_generic.dat can be in same directory as perl source (or in perl/lib)- add sql WHERE clause parameters: -lg (origin), -lh (hostname), -lo (probe), -lm (message), -lt (robot) and -lu (hub)- add selected sql and regex filters in report header and in Field Explanation- changed the column source with hostname in report (source is sometimes ip address and hostname is translated name)- -fq can strip fqdn domain name for the hostname column y: strip n: keep original, default: y- added origin in default -co report columns- for a first run without nimsoft_generic.dat, you can use -sr (sql server), -su (sql user) and -sp (sql password)#tool #alarm #report #uim #perl #commandlineRemoving attachment flagged as dangerous. @jason mcclellan
(you are not required to customize the nimsoft_generic.dat file, but than you need to use the -r, -u and -p options)
- execute: perl nimsoft_alarm_reporter.pl -r"sql_servername" -u"sa" -p"sql_psw" -b"1"
Version 1.9:- add use_https in nimsoft_generic.dat/pm- add sql_driver in nimsoft_generic.dat/pm (TLS 1.2)- -mm: report on a month (o: current month, 1: previous month)- -bm: report on the xx last minutes- -bh or -b for the last xx hours- tested with UIM 9.20