DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Attach Queue Empties Slowly Since Upgrade to 20.3

Posted Dec 02, 2020 11:12 AM
    Our infrastructure is as follows:

Our primary hub collects QoS data using get, from an attach queue on our integration hub. The integration hub collects QoS data from the regional hubs.

Since upgrading the attach queue for QoS data on the attach queue on our integration hub has been emptying very slowly. We're not collecting any more data than we did before the upgrade, but the Primary hub but we're seeing data backing up consistently.

Before the upgrade we did not have an data queued at all, everything was being processed immediately.

Something is wrong with the upgrade to 20.3, the hubs are just not transferring data as quickly as they used to.

How do we fix this?

• 2.  RE: Attach Queue Empties Slowly Since Upgrade to 20.3

Posted Dec 02, 2020 05:04 PM
    No other reports of this problem. 
    deploy robot_update 9.32 to the hubs and in the hub configure increase the GET queue bulk_size.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Attach Queue Empties Slowly Since Upgrade to 20.3

Posted Feb 05, 2021 04:09 AM
    We are seeing the same problem, currently the bulk_size is set to <default> what size does this equate to (or can you recommend a good starting value for this?)

Also as par of resolving this we have updated the robot to 9.32, while the hubs are 9.31, however we see in the hotfix list hub_9.32_hf2. However I cannot find hub_9.32 ( it is not in the 20.3 packages and does not seem to have be added to the archive with nether the 20.3.1 nor 20.3.2 updates) nor does it appear in the nimsoft.com archives.  Where is it located?

Thanks, Andrew

Knows a little about UIM/DXim, AE, Automic

• 4.  RE: Attach Queue Empties Slowly Since Upgrade to 20.3

Posted Feb 05, 2021 04:23 AM
    The hotfix: hub_9.32_HF2.zip is working to upgrade to hub 9.32
    In my upgraded test environment the bulk_size was kept from previous version, else put 1000 for alarm and qos to start with.

• 5.  RE: Attach Queue Empties Slowly Since Upgrade to 20.3

Posted Feb 05, 2021 08:30 AM
    Have seen where a temporary problem resulted in a queue getting reconfigured and it is necessary to set it back.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Attach Queue Empties Slowly Since Upgrade to 20.3

Posted Feb 05, 2021 08:45 AM
    I've found that the default bulk size gets stuck at 1 often. I agree with Luc that you should set it at 1000 to begin with.