DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all
  • 1.  Spooler

Posted Apr 13, 2021 03:02 PM
    Hi Support Team,

Few Hosts have been configured on CA UIM long back and they have received last alert on July 2020. I joined recently and I have been asked to troubleshoot the issues. Now When I looked into configuration settings following probe "spooler" is encountering an error showing below: Error Validation

Rest all working it seems

I have restarted nimsoft service on Host, my end I have restarted spooler probe on CA UIM side, but no luck. Kindly could you suggest all possible steps to fix the issue.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 2.  RE: Spooler

Posted Apr 13, 2021 04:14 PM
    right click > security > validate > yes all

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Spooler

Posted Apr 13, 2021 04:56 PM
    One other method (specifically to fix spooler and hdb) is to apply a newer version of robot_update. In your case 7.91 is pretty old and so upgrading to 9.33 will get you to the latest plus it will update the out of date magic key values in controller.cfg which is causing this.

• 4.  RE: Spooler

Posted Apr 14, 2021 11:43 AM
    Hi David,

While click on securtiy > validate , am not getting yes all. Also, I am getting following error:

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 5.  RE: Spooler

Posted Apr 14, 2021 12:05 PM
    Hi David,

While working on right click > security > validate , I am not getting yes all. Also, I am getting following error.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 6.  RE: Spooler

Posted Apr 14, 2021 01:07 PM
    Look to the firewall settings on the client.

This error happens because either UIM can't translate what it thinks the name of the system is into a route to that system or that system is denying inbound access.

• 7.  RE: Spooler

Posted Apr 14, 2021 01:34 PM
    Hi Garin,

Thanks for responding to my query. I will cross check with routing with networking team on the client machine.
    I will let you know the outcome. 

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 8.  RE: Spooler
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 14, 2021 01:37 PM
    there is a one off, and that is in IM login to the secondary hub that has this robot and see if it works. 
    If it does a tunnel is needed, if the problem persists: 
    for a quick test to verify
    remote into the primary hub
    telnet <robot IP>:48000
    telnet <robot IP>:48002

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: Spooler

Posted Apr 14, 2021 02:18 PM
    Hi David,

I did telnet test for both 48000 & 48002. Both failed on Primary HUB server. This shows, these 2 ports  needs to be open I believe, right David ?

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 10.  RE: Spooler

Posted Apr 14, 2021 02:20 PM
    correct, we know from the robot to the PH it is good since it does show the probes and their status. 
    The telnet failure confirms the problem is outside of UIM, and as Garin said.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 11.  RE: Spooler

Posted Apr 14, 2021 02:26 PM
    Thanks Garin and David. I will work with concern team and If problem persists will get back to you here again. Thanks for both Garin and David for responding to my queries and resolving my issues in time.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj