DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots .

• 1.  Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots .

Posted Aug 19, 2019 01:29 AM
    Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots . The problem we are facing is :

1)Before configuring the robot.cfg , we are able to do a telnet from CA UIM to the robot but after configuring robot.cfg we are unable to do a telnet and also unable to get the robot under CA UIM .

Regards
    AMar

• 2.  RE: Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2019 01:51 AM
    Hi 

Check if the robot processses (controller / hdb / spooler ) are running on target server .If  running then you shuld be able to telnet unless some firewall in path blocking .

In windows check in task manager or Find the pid of the controller/spoller/ hdb process running in the port number (e.g., 48000/ 48001/48007 etc )
    if robot running on those ports and Listening

netstat -ano | findStr "48000"

Find the process name by pid

example

tasklist /fi "pid eq 2216"

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/8-5-1/en/installing-ca-uim/pre-installation-planning/firewall-port-reference

• 3.  RE: Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots .

Posted Aug 19, 2019 02:25 AM
    Hi ,

The problem we are facing is like ,

we are unable to communicate / telnet from our primary hub to that robot when the robot.config file is configured to make that robot report to primary hub and we are able to communicate from secondary hub .

So , that is the problem and how to make robot communicate to hub to which it reports ?

• 4.  RE: Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2019 03:11 AM
    Hi 

Is not able to telnet then ports must be blocked on the firewall from concerned  hub to remote hub 

Is the robot is listening on those ports if ports are open should be able to telnet as basic test 
    If this works then point robot.cfg to the corresponding hub 

• 5.  RE: Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots .

Posted Aug 19, 2019 06:24 AM
    Hi ,

These ports are checked and fine . 

Problem is wherever I am configuring the robot.cfg to report that robot  , from there only telnet is not happening .

• 6.  RE: Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots .

Posted Aug 19, 2019 06:25 AM
    Hi ,

Is there any place where I need to add these IPs /hostnames of robots in CA UIM server like hosts file under etc folder to have this communication between hub and robot ??

• 7.  RE: Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots .

Posted Aug 19, 2019 09:47 AM
    ​Hello,
    As the installation, it will ask you the HUB name / IP where this robot should be reporting. Otherwise, you can configure the robot.cfg file.
    Which command did you use to do your telnet? Because, before the robot is running you should not be able to telnet to the robot on port 48000 because nothing is listening on that port. After the robot is start you will be able to get a connection to the port.

You can also try with nmap.
    Thanks

• 8.  RE: Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots .

Posted Aug 20, 2019 03:20 AM
    Hi 
    Guillaume Briere ,

I am giving telnet command to check the communication issue between hub and robot on 48000

telnet IPaddress 48000 ;

When I am checking the command netstat -tulnpa | grep 48000 , I am able to see that nimbus controller is listening on 48000 port .

Telnet is not happening when I am configuring robot.cfg file  in robot .

for example if I make robot to report to primary hub , telnet isnot happening from primaty hub to robot and telnet is happening from secondary hub to robot .

Regards
    Amar

• 9.  RE: Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots .

Posted Aug 21, 2019 03:31 AM
    for example if I make robot to report to primary hub , telnet isnot happening from primaty hub to robot and telnet is happening from secondary hub to robot .

I am giving telnet command to check the communication issue between hub and robot on 48000

telnet IPaddress 48000 ;

When I am trying to do a telnet from CA UIM to that robot , Packet is resetting by UIM server itself . This is the analysis given by network team eventhough rules are given in the firewall correctly .

• 10.  RE: Unable to fix the telnet issue from CA UIM to the robots .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2019 07:52 AM
    sounds network side issue.