DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UIM Web service API returning 500 on group creation / group get

Posted Aug 08, 2019 07:47 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to create groups with the API, but using the sample dynamic group creation returns 500, I've also tried entering values but still get 500, same story with trying to fetch all groups. 

Has anyone experienced this issue ?/ know how to work around? 

version info:

Nimsoft RESTful web services interface: version: 9.1.0, build_number: 506

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: UIM Web service API returning 500 on group creation / group get

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2019 08:55 AM
    Can you provide a screenshot of your test and the request with the payload you are testing?

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: UIM Web service API returning 500 on group creation / group get

Posted Aug 08, 2019 09:40 AM

It's the default (in the API explorer) 'get' groups and default 'post' group. in both cases  we get -

org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:485) org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:386) org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:334) org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:221) com.ca.uimapi.config.FrontDoorFilter.doFilter(FrontDoorFilter.java:45) </pre><p><b>Root Cause</b></p><pre>org.glassfish.jersey.server.ContainerException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com&#47;ca&#47;grouping&#47;service&#47;LocalGroupService

• 4.  RE: UIM Web service API returning 500 on group creation / group get

Posted Aug 08, 2019 09:42 AM
    this is the request, as you can see, nothing modified  - http://<scrubbed>/uimapi/groups?groupid=all&sort=by_id&showelements=true

• 5.  RE: UIM Web service API returning 500 on group creation / group get

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2019 10:02 AM
    I tested this in my lab and did not have an issue.
    I would suggest deploying the webservices_rest and then the uimapi packages to the ump and restart the wasp probe and test again.
    if you are still having an issue you will probably need to open a support case.

Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: UIM Web service API returning 500 on group creation / group get

Posted Aug 08, 2019 11:11 AM

I have redeployed everything but unfortunately the same result. I can pull all alarms via the API, but not anything to do with groups.