DX Infrastructure Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

Discover Cisco device on snmpv3 with AES256

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Discover Cisco device on snmpv3 with AES256

Posted 11-04-2019 12:58 AM
    Hi Community,

I want to know if anyone has successfully discovered Cisco devices running snmpV3 with SHA and AES256 into UIM and snmpcollector?

------------------------------
    Chris

• 2.  RE: Discover Cisco device on snmpv3 with AES256

Posted 11-04-2019 01:19 AM
    Hi

The discovery agent might not be able to discover devices with AES 256

but depending on the Java version used by the snmpcollector probe you might need to download Oracle Unlimited Strength Java Cryptography Extension Policy File
    to use AES 192 or AES 256 security protocols to be directly discovered by the snmpcollector probe

(Optional) Install AES Policy Files

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/snmpcollector-snmp-data-monitoring/snmpcollector-versions-2-2-1-6/v1-6-snmpcollector-ac-configuration.html

• 3.  RE: Discover Cisco device on snmpv3 with AES256

Posted 11-04-2019 04:52 AM
    Thanks Franklin,

I have tried that, and even changed to the latest version of JRE for UIM(java_jre v2.01 in archive), but with no luck. snmpcollector tells me that the credentials are not valid.
    But from the same hub, i use iReasoning MIB Browser, pointing to the nimsoft JRE for JAVA, and am able to walk the device successfully. So it seems that snmpc is unable to connect to devices running snmpv3 with SHA and AES-256.

Chris

• 4.  RE: Discover Cisco device on snmpv3 with AES256
    Best Answer

Posted 11-29-2019 01:56 AM
    So it seems that there is an issue with snmpcollector v4.03 and the AES 256 privacy.
    But thanks to the development teams, it turns out that snmpcollector 3.50 is stable and working as expected.

Chris