DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  NAS auto operator | configure only to trigger alarm if the status change

Posted Oct 21, 2020 12:28 PM
    Hi,

I was wondering if anybody know how to configure an auto operator to trigger an alarm only if the status of a process is changed or it could be also useful when the status of a % CPU, % Memory & % disk usage is also changed. Right now the trigger of the message is configured to send alarm on each message arrival and tons of emails are triggered during the affectation period.

current configuration:

Nas auto operator triggers on message arrival

Im aware there is the following option, i could not find any more detail in the documentation, I am not sure how to configure and if it applies for my case.

email trigger on status change

thank you,

Alan Aldrete

• 2.  RE: NAS auto operator | configure only to trigger alarm if the status change

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 12:50 PM
    Hi Alan,

See:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/8-1/the-nas-auto-operator-tab.html

Activate when state changes:
    The profile will be executed when the trigger changes its state (false/true).
    Please note that the term state in the option "Activate when state changes" refers to the state of the Auto Operator Profile and not to the selected triggers within the Auto Operator Profile.

Activate on change in trigger alarmlist:
    The profile will be executed when the alarmlist (the alarm(s) that sets the trigger to true) changes, for instance when an alarm changes from severity major to critical.

Select the triggers you want to use from the list of available triggers and add them, using the Add button.

Steve

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US
    ------------------------------