DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  need some help to configure messsagegtw probe

Posted Nov 28, 2019 10:52 AM
    Hello,

I'm running UIM 9.0.2 and have been trying to configure messagegtw to connect to a Rabbitmq env.
    After deployment of the probe, I've got two CFG files messagegtw.cfg and messagegtw.cfg.example that come along with the probe.

Seeing that messagegtw.cfg.example looks more familiar for my environment (Rabbitmq using AMQP & AMQPS) and so I took it and adapt it with specific settings of my env. but the probe does not even start it with this error msg "Controller: Max. restarts reached for probe 'messagegtw' (command = <startup java>)"

Can someone please help ?

Regards,

Philong

• 2.  RE: need some help to configure messsagegtw probe
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2019 11:31 AM
    Probe requirements met?

Probe-Specific Software Requirements

- CA UIM 9.0.2 and above (confirmed)
    - Robot version 7.96 and above
    - nas probe version 9.06
    - data_engine version 9.02

What version of java is installed on the robot where messagegtw is deployed? Run java -version to check.

Set the messagegtw loglevl to 5 and logsize to 5000, and set the robot (controller) loglevel to 5 and logsize to 10000 in the robot.cfg and restart the robot, then when the robot starts up, purposely cold start the messagegtw probe (Deactivate-Activate), to see if the log reveals more information in the logs on the cause of the java error.

messagegtw Help docs

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/messagegtw-message-gateway.html

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/messagegtw-message-gateway/messagegtw-message-gateway-ac-configuration.html

Steve

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US
    ------------------------------