DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UIM 20.3.3 OS upgrade?

Posted Apr 12, 2021 10:09 AM

Our UIM 20.3.3 environment running on  Win12R2 servers. We would like to performance inplace OS upgrade of our UIM Win12R2 to Win2019 servers.

Question:
    Can we performance OS inplace upgrade of our UIM servers from Win12R2 to Win2019 without impact UIM application?
    If yes what are steps to take to achieve this upgrade. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: UIM 20.3.3 OS upgrade?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2021 02:36 PM
    HI Henry, as long as your version of UIM supports Win 2019, you should refer to Microsoft upgrade play book. With exceptions it should be seamless to UIM although you may need to be aware of not deleting old jre and VB libraries still being used by UIM. Upgrade without destroying.

UIM Campat Matrix:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/20-3/installing/product-compatibility/ca-uim-compatibility-matrix.html

• 3.  RE: UIM 20.3.3 OS upgrade?

Posted Apr 15, 2021 12:45 PM
    Gregg,
    Do i need to reinstall UIM after OS upgrade successfully?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: UIM 20.3.3 OS upgrade?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2021 03:15 PM
    Typically no, but I can't say what will happen in your case, every environment is different. Microsoft is your best source of knowledge for this as they will usually list "gotchas" in their release notes or upgrade documentation. Make sure you search their KB article DB for to and from versions you are moving to and from. The short answer is you should not have to re-install UIM, but I have never, nor any customer I support performed that upgrade as of yet: 2012R2 to 2019, on a Primary Hub or OC.

• 5.  RE: UIM 20.3.3 OS upgrade?

Posted Apr 15, 2021 05:13 PM
    Agree, UIM reinstall is not needed, but stop the Nimsoft Robot Watcher service prior to the upgrade, take a snap shot, and then do the OS upgrade.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------