DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Error occured when moving a robot to different hub

Posted Jan 09, 2020 06:10 AM

Hi ,

When I am trying to move a robot between hubs I am getting this below error . 

Regards
    AMar

• 2.  RE: Error occured when moving a robot to different hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2020 08:42 AM
    have you reviewed the below KB:
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId= 35007

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Error occured when moving a robot to different hub

Posted Jan 10, 2020 12:02 AM

Hi ,

I have tried both the below steps and both of them did not work .

In the Move dialog window, Select Use DNS Lookup option and specify the FQDN for the destination hub.

If that doesn't work you can manually change the robot.cfg to point the robot(s) to the new hubrobotname and hubip.

Controller: Controller on ROBOTNAME port 48000 started
    Jan 10 10:02:49:035 Controller: hub  HUBNAME(XXXXXX) NO CONTACT (communication error)
    Jan 10 10:02:49:071  Controller: Hub HUBNAME(XXXX) contact established
    Jan 10 10:02:49:129  Controller: ControllerLogin request login failed XXXXX/48002 (login failed)
    Jan 10 10:02:51:321  Controller: MyStringExpand - variable NIMV_CONTIP not found
    Jan 10 10:02:51:321  Controller: MyStringExpand - variable NIM_CONTROLLER_PORT not found
    Jan 10 10:02:51:321  Controller: MyStringExpand - variable NIM_SPOOLER_PORT not found
    Jan 10 10:02:54:110 Controller: ControllerLogin request login failed XXXX/48002 (login failed)
    Jan 10 10:14:21:844  Controller: hub -(-) NO CONTACT (communication error)
    Jan 10 10:16:54:573  Controller: hub HUBNAME(XXXXX) NO CONTACT (communication error)

Regards
    Amar

• 4.  RE: Error occured when moving a robot to different hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 01:23 AM
    check 48002 port (on new hub) accessible from your robot.

• 5.  RE: Error occured when moving a robot to different hub

Posted Jan 10, 2020 02:13 PM
    I've not actually seen this work in the IM GUI successfully in any of the releases since about 2014. Using raw configure to edit the entries in the controller is the only process that works that has a UI attached to it. Make sure that you have remote login access because if you mess up the editing you will orphan that robot. Also delete all the current hub identifiers from the config and update the hub IP to the new IP - it should pull the rest of the values from the new hub. If you leave any specified the robot will be confused about which system to talk to. And finally, you may want to make sure that the option to scan the network for available hubs to connect to is disabled because that option can undo this work on you without warning.

• 6.  RE: Error occured when moving a robot to different hub
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 02:36 PM
    In my UIM 9.20 lab environment:

I just ran through this process more than once, in this case for moving a robot from the Primary to a Secondary (HA) hub, then back to the Primary again with no issues/errors. All within the same domain.

1. Select the robot in IM
    2. Choose Tools->Connect Robot...
    3. Click 'Get Info'
    4. Click Move... button
    5. Select the hub you want to move it to
    6. Click Close
    7. Press F5 to refresh IM

Looks like some form of communication issue.

Where are you logged in to the Infrastructure Manager, on your laptop, the Primary hub, or somewhere else?

Steve

Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US

• 7.  RE: Error occured when moving a robot to different hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 03:00 PM
    I tested this for a Windows as well as a Linux machine on a different subnet and the Move worked without any issues.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US

• 8.  RE: Error occured when moving a robot to different hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 03:32 PM
    Do you still get the same error if you add Static addresses in the two hubs so that they can 'see' each other directly? For example, in the hub Name Services Tab window, for remote HubA, enter the IP for remote HubB. In HubB, enter the IP for HubA.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US