DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Delete old qos from...

Posted Nov 18, 2021 01:04 PM
    Edited by Miller Echagarreta Nov 18, 2021 01:06 PM
    Hi everyone.

Does anyone know any method to delete old qos from the DB. In UIM 2033, doing it from SLM is a nightmare. In UIM 201 it was a bit more reliable, now the experience is not very comfortable.

In fact I tried to delete more than 1000 qos, but apparently it did not ... I'm giving it time to see if data_engine does the deletion, I just manually reboot the probe

• 2.  RE: Delete old qos from...

Posted Nov 18, 2021 03:59 PM
    The process is to identify the QOS you want to delete from the s_qos_data table

Using the table_id value, delete all records from the corresponding RN and HR tables with that table_id

Then delete the one row from s_qos_data with that table_id

Might want to do the same delete to s_qos_snapshot

Then bounce data_engine.

Generally speaking data_engine is the only thing that writes to these tables and it just adds values. Doesn't care what data is there already.

Obviously, test any queries and deletes first, make backups just in case, etc.

• 3.  RE: Delete old qos from...

Posted Nov 18, 2021 04:04 PM
    You will wind up with a set of queries that lok like:

delete from RN_QOS_DATA_0067 WHERE table_id = 3761333
    delete from HN_QOS_DATA_0067 WHERE table_id = 3761333
    delete from S_QOS_DATA where table_id = 3761333

• 4.  RE: Delete old qos from...

Posted Nov 19, 2021 01:42 AM
    Hi,
    I use since years the tool nimsoft_qos_delete (available in exe or/and perl source)
    This tool will select qos metrics with several regex parameters and will generate similar sql delete statements described by Garin.
    Introduction: https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1315&MessageKey=ce131a68-3a55-4d21-9010-e5dad016c927
    Last zip file (with doc): https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/viewdocument/re-delete-qos-metrics-via-command-1
    If you have problems or questions with this tool, please let me know.

• 5.  RE: Delete old qos from...

Posted Nov 19, 2021 08:24 AM
    Hi guys,

I have this same problem to delete QOSs, the WEB page hangs and I need to end the process in the windows task manager and log back into the OC.

Really this SLM page is very bad, I created an idea so that they can improve in the next versions.

https://community.broadcom.com/participate/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=b1d5a339-9bb8-4211-ab2a-6d576c9f3977

• 6.  RE: Delete old qos from...

Posted Nov 22, 2021 02:16 AM
    Not a lot that can be done in UIM since the time these deletes are taking is a function of the data model and the speed of your underlying database engine. The QOS table that holds my disk usage numbers has 20 billion records in it and it can take 10+ minutes to run a small delete against it. Throw in a delete that requires a table scan and it is hours.

About the only possibility that might work is the ability to create a background job but that wouldn't speed anything, it would just give you back the UI. It would then though create a possible scenario where someone could create tens or hundreds of such jobs and completely kill their environment.

• 7.  RE: Delete old qos from...

Posted Nov 23, 2021 10:52 AM
    Colleagues, thank you very much for your contributions. What I did was delete the data from SLM by groups, then a restart of the data_engine, that helped me to delete the data I needed, but it cost me a lot of effort, SLM is now less friendly than before ...