DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

No contact with hub

• 1.  No contact with hub

Posted Jun 25, 2020 11:49 AM
    Edited by amar kondraju Aug 28, 2020 11:20 PM

hi all,

Please consider this as priority.  we are having only one hub to which all robots will report to.We are getting the error as shown below. Please suggest the resolution.

In event viewer the below error is there and UIM is running on windows server.

Regards
    Amar

• 2.  RE: No contact with hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2020 12:37 PM
    First guess anti virus! Check what the error pints at as well.

• 3.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 25, 2020 12:41 PM
    Hi Gregg,

What is the remediaton for this issue ? 

Regards
    Amar

• 4.  RE: No contact with hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2020 12:46 PM
    I would try turning off all AV and firewall services to test and look closer at Event logs. Google search NT Eval codes if any and then decide with customer best way to resolve. In some cases we have to disable AV live file monitoring or do without robot. Customer decision.

• 5.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 25, 2020 01:03 PM

Hi Gregg,

We have got the below error in last 2 to 3 weeks and we have raised the case and they have suggested the below link and we have applied the same yesterday. But today we have got that no communication with hub and application hang in event viewer logs.

ERROR : hub: nimSession - failed to connect session to HUBIP:48001, error code 10055

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/196271/when-you-try-to-connect-from-tcp-ports-greater-than-5000-you-receive-t

• 6.  RE: No contact with hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2020 01:12 PM
    OK I would continue working the case with support. seems like you have a conflict and by shutting things off you may be able to determine what it is. I am not familiar with that solution you pasted, sorry.

• 7.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 25, 2020 01:13 PM
    Can you share the HUB logs , and also verify whether all the folders and files are present in HUB server .And also check the windows event logs

• 8.  RE: No contact with hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2020 04:34 PM
    Wait this is NimbusManager.exe...IM stopped working. That may not be a big deal. The top error says it cannot talk to Hub on port 48000 48002. Check FW group for logs. You can do a test eliminating UIM loading telnet client in Windows Roles and Features then running "telnet (IP Address) 48000"

• 9.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 03:21 AM
    Dear Gregg,

When we are doing telnet on that hubip on port 48000 we are unable to do telnet. Also how to fix this issue - need some clarity .
    We have already applied the resolution in server registry settings as suggested in the case but still receiving the error. Why?Please justify us and let me know what elase can be done ?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/196271/when-you-try-to-connect-from-tcp-ports-greater-than-5000-you-receive-t

Regards
    Amar

• 10.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 04:12 AM
    Does IM work if you start/open it locally on the hub?

• 11.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 04:26 AM
    Hi Luc,

During that  time when we get this ERROR : hub: nimSession - failed to connect session to HUBIP:48001, error code 10055 , we are uanble to open IM console on the hub. 

Regards
    Amar

• 12.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 04:49 AM
    What happened on that hub server 2-3 weeks ago, just before this problem started? New software, probes, modified settings, ....?

• 13.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 06:52 AM
    Hi Luc,

Nothing new but we have received this error 10055. How to fix this ? We have received no contact with hub error and IM was not opening.

telnet also did not happen over port 48000 on hubip.

Regards
    Amar

• 14.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 07:11 AM
    Does the command: "netstat -b" show abnormal port usage? 
    What does the command: "netstat -an" show ?

• 15.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 07:23 AM
    Hi Luc,

I have used  netstat -an| findstr "4800" in hub server and found that 48000 port is not established during that error .

Regards
    Amar

• 16.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 07:36 AM
    Are you sure that the UIM server is running fine?
    What gives the hub.log with loglevel 3 and logsize 15000?

• 17.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 07:41 AM
    Hi Luc,

No contact with hub error and then I have seen hub log where this nimsession error 10055 is there.

Regards
    Amar

• 18.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 07:46 AM
    If you don't want to share the log, what did support say about your hub.log?
    Question:
    - is your hub running fine?
    - are the alarms and qos entries coming in correctly?
    - is the situation still the same after a reboot?

• 19.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 09:25 AM
    Edited by amar kondraju Jun 29, 2020 09:28 AM
    Hi Luc,

I have shared the logs and we have been asked to do follow this link at os level and I have followed. If you have any other deductions out of this issue that can help us please do share that so that we can resolve the error. We have rebooted the server also after the below resolution but still same error.

Regards
    Amar

• 20.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 30, 2020 01:29 PM
    if issue is there please open a support case

• 21.  RE: No contact with hub

Posted Jun 29, 2020 04:55 AM
    If you take your console via the UMP is everything still working normally? (new alarms)
    In your UMP USM screen, can you select your hub server and see all details of monitored metrics?
    If you take DrWatson do you see the alarms and qos coming in?