DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  OC 20.3.1 upgrader - installed OC on the CABI server

Posted Nov 25, 2020 11:50 AM
    I ran the installOC.exe and I see it now deployed OC on my CABI server, and not on my OC/UIM server. It seems to have picke dup the fact that there is a WASP running there for CABI. I ran installOC.exe again to remove it from the CABI server.

1) I still see folders on the CABI server under WASP webapps folder that belong to OC. So the uninstaller did not clean them up properly. Any advice on what to do to clean up the WASP folder?

2) Nowhere in the installOC.exe do i have an option to force the upgrader to use the correct server where my OC/UIM is running. I am running the installOC.exe on the actual OC/UIM server. Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: OC 20.3.1 upgrader - installed OC on the CABI server

Posted Nov 25, 2020 05:43 PM
    installOC.exe is the 20.3.1 update installer and not for a full OC install. 
    as per the doc page: 
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/20-3/release-notes/UIM-20_3_1.html
    Run the OC 20.3.1 upgrade installer on the primary hub and specify the OC server during the upgrade.

OC installer checks for the presence of the ump package (seen only under Installed Packages). 

Check wasp configure to see if it lists the OC webapps, they should be gone from there. 
    then it is just the wepapp folder that were left and can be deleted. 

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: OC 20.3.1 upgrader - installed OC on the CABI server

Posted Nov 25, 2020 11:36 PM
    Edited by Brendan Mitchell Nov 26, 2020 12:14 AM
    Sorry maybe I was not specific enough. I am already on UIM 20.3 with OC on the primary hub. I have another robot for CABi with its own WASP. When I run the OC 20.3.1 upgrade installer on the primary hub then its says OC is running on this CABI robot. There is nowhere in the upgrade installer wizard where I am allowed to force the robot running OC. That CABI robot used to run UMP 8.51 many years ago (but since removed) so maybe its picking that up - I see there is an old 8.51 UMP entry under Installed Packages for the CABI robot. I shall remove that with the probe utility

• 4.  RE: OC 20.3.1 upgrader - installed OC on the CABI server

Posted Dec 01, 2020 01:49 PM
    Yes, remove the UMP package, that's what the installer looks for.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom