DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  SQL server probe

Posted Aug 09, 2019 01:33 AM
    Hello All,

I want to understand about one check point about sql server probe.
    And also how to to do includes/excludes

And it will really very helpfull if someone can share some doc/kb article to understand what are the queries running behnid the sql server probe templates

------------------------------
    System Analyst
    DXC Technology

• 2.  RE: SQL server probe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2019 04:22 AM
    Hi

Use excludes: enables you to define list of exclude patterns that you do not want to monitor for a checkpoint.

Note: You can select this check box for a custom checkpoint from version 4.9 onward only. In previous versions, this check box is disabled after you create a custom checkpoint.

Excludes list: enables you to define a list of patterns that you do not want to monitor for a checkpoint. Click to open the Exclude list dialog and specify the patterns to be excluded for the checkpoint. You can define objects that you do not want to monitor using the checkpoint.
    When the Use excludes check box is marked, you can define exclude patterns in the Exclude list dialog.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/sqlserver-sql-server-monitoring/sqlserver-im-configuration

Article title: What Queries (updated ) are used by the sqlserver Probe in UIM?

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=44005

• 3.  RE: SQL server probe

Posted Aug 09, 2019 05:02 AM
    Hi Frank,

i need more details on includes, how are the patterns are set in IM,
    Some examples would really be helpful.
    I am trying to configure agent_job_failure check point. Not sure how to set up the threshold and i also want only one job under the agent to be checked so i am using  includes.

System Analyst
    DXC Technology

• 4.  RE: SQL server probe

Posted Aug 09, 2019 05:10 AM
    if i want to set one job to be checked how should i put that job name in the pattern

System Analyst
    DXC Technology

• 5.  RE: SQL server probe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2019 10:01 AM
    Currently, the sqlserver probes use the object ID for includes and exclude.
    if you run the agent job query you can get this object ID or your DBA can provide it.
    I believe the next GA version is slated to allow you to use the job name to include or exclude.

Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom