DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  restarting all or selected robots?

Posted Aug 15, 2019 08:25 AM

Hi all,

I have edited user tags on the controller probe via the API and will now need to restart the robot to have the change take effect ( I think)
    Is there a smart way to restart robots in bulk? 

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: restarting all or selected robots?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 15, 2019 09:25 AM
    use the controller probe call back, _stop
    to restart the robots.
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/probe-development-tools/restful-web-services/webservices_rest-apis/webservices_rest-call-reference/probe-calls#ProbeCalls-InvokeCallback

example:
    POST /rest/probe/chris-dev/primaryhub/nb-1538/controller/callback/_stop 

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: restarting all or selected robots?

Posted Aug 15, 2019 09:59 AM
    Just curious what do you guys use to make all these REST calls? What program or plugin?

Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Architect
    Alphaserve Technologies

• 4.  RE: restarting all or selected robots?

Posted Aug 15, 2019 10:06 AM
    my favorite is the google rest client
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/advanced-rest-client/hgmloofddffdnphfgcellkdfbfbjeloo?hl=en-US

postman seems to be the favorite with development

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: restarting all or selected robots?

Posted Aug 15, 2019 11:50 AM

I am looking at the Chrome add-in as suggested by David M.

What I have enjoyed using up to now is the free version of Insomnia 

https://insomnia.rest/

David

David DuPre'

Principal Services Consultant  |  Enterprise Studio

HCL Technologies Ltd.

404-617-3023  |  david.dupre@hcl.com  | Lookout Mountain, GA

www.hcltech.com  | www.ca.com/services

Planned Leave  – 6th September returning to office 16th September

pic1

::DISCLAIMER::
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 6.  RE: restarting all or selected robots?

Posted Aug 15, 2019 10:12 AM

I get the following form the call -

I/O error on nim session (C) com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimNamedClientSession(Socket[addr=/1<SCRUB>,port=48000,localport=59773])

Have you come across this before? 

Thanks!

• 7.  RE: restarting all or selected robots?
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 15, 2019 09:33 AM
    Get the full list of all the robots you need to restart in the /domain/hub/robot list format.
    You can do this from within IM, Tools > Find all robots. 
    Export to excel.
    Then remove all columns except the robot address one. Add the following in the column before the robot address column: 
    "pu -u administrator -p password "  
    Next column is the robot address: 
    /domain/hub/robot1
    Then in the column after the robot address put: 
    " _restart"
    Take note of the spaces.
    Then copy this all out to say notepadd++, get rid of the tabs (Ctrl+H) and then you can run from your primary hub's \Nimsoft\bin directory via administrative cmd line.
    The full command would be:
    pu -u administrator -p password /domain/hub/robot01 _restart

If it works on one then you can just copy/paste all of them into the command line and be done with it. Make sure you don't restart the hub's till last or 1st.

Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Architect
    Alphaserve Technologies