DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UIM 20.3 List portlet in dashboard designer

Posted Oct 14, 2020 05:51 AM
    RIght, in progress of redesigning a bunch of list reports of the list designer into the list portlet.

I have a whole bunch of reports that use the Row Source: Target/Host functionality, this together with another column as 'Info'.

The view then shows me something like this:

In the example we have the first column as Info field, this is de Xenapp Delivery controller. Probe is  installed on the controller and polls the Xenapp Desktops in the second column. These are the targets. Metrics are displayed for these targets.

However, when trying to design the same report via the dashboard designer list portlet, I only am able to get the delivery controller in my view, and not the targets. There is an attribute Column type where you can select Target IP, but this doesn't work.

Is it possible at all what I am trying to do here?

txs

Mark

• 2.  RE: UIM 20.3 List portlet in dashboard designer

Posted Oct 14, 2020 07:12 AM
    I have the same problem that there seems to miss somewhere the possibility to add a column with target names.
    I tried to create a dashboard with monitored url's from url_response but I am unable to get the list of target monitored url's

• 3.  RE: UIM 20.3 List portlet in dashboard designer

Posted Oct 14, 2020 07:41 AM
    If this is the case, then a lot of dashboards will be impossible to create this way.

It also seems that I'm missing metrics in the list. I for one cannot seem to find the metric for VM Count. It doesn't really help either that all possible metrics are displayed instead of only the ones measured. And that the name of the metric does not correspond to the name of the metric defined in the probe.

It makes it really tiresome to create one simple dashboard.

I wonder what the official stand is on this. What do we need to use to replace or list- and performance reports? Is this the list portlet and line chart in the dashboard designer? Or is this a new report, created in Jaspersoft?

• 4.  RE: UIM 20.3 List portlet in dashboard designer

Posted Oct 14, 2020 02:59 PM
    The list portlet is really damaged - almost unusable for me too.

A couple things of note from my experience -
    - If you use groups as a filter, you will have very unreliable results.
    - If you use any logic (and or or) in the row source it may not work out as expected - seems that if you have a group and a column filter combined with an "and" it is interpreted as an "or" instead. Or it's ignored.
    - Any "Spark" renderer column won't display
    - I found that the selection of column data by "Metric name/Target" very unreliable. Selection via QoS is more reliable.
    - When building a dashboard, you have to have a row source that matches the metrics you want to add or they won't be in the selection lists. Think of the dashboard builder as a tool to show you current data, not a tool to design for display of data that doesn't yet exist.
    - There seems to be some limit to the number of columns that will successfully display data

There's lots more broken