DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Not working alarm enrichment (NAS)

Posted Aug 16, 2019 02:13 PM
    Hi all.

I appreciate if anyone can help me with this.

I am using alarm enrichment for capturing data in custom field.

I have as enrichment-source for capturing in logmon, pollagent, net_connect probe but I need add other rule with logmon but with enrichment-rule diffrent. 

For some reason, the new rule only work with a alarm(217.x.x.01) and I don't know why doesn't to others.

This is the configuration ----->

<custom_headers>
    custom_1 = Comentario
    custom_2 = Alias/Responsable
    custom_3 = Programado
    custom_4 = Entidad
    custom_5 = Servicio
    </custom_headers>

<VPN>
    active = true
    connection_url = jdbc:sqlserver://IPDAB:1433;DatabaseName=UIM
    user = userUIM
    password = xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    query = Select RTRIM(LTRIM(comercio)) as comercio from customerasa where PEER in (select replace(supp_key, ',', '') as peer from NAS_ALARMS (nolock) where supp_key =?)
    population_query =
    </VPN>

<5>
    match_alarm_field = prid
    match_alarm_regexp = logmon
    lookup_by_alarm_field = supp_key
    lookup_by_regexp =
    use_enricher = VPN
    <overwrite-rules>
    udata.custom_4 = [cmdb.comercio]
    </overwrite-rules>
    </5>

This is the alarm(217.x.x.01) that working with alarm enrichment ------>

Captured of key ---->

Query for validate if it's working ----->

The DocNimbus show that alarm enrichment it's working and the custom_4 show the data geted from query ----->

The alarm is working as expected ----->

Now, with this alarm(200.x.x.114) the enrichment-rule not working, not mapping the data in custom_4 as expected.

The query it's working as expected, return the value necessary ----->

Does not put in the alarm the data (custom_4) from alarm enrichment ---->

This problem happen with all Ip less 217.x.x.01, i don't know why, because the logic it's the same for all.

Is possible that 2 enrichment-rules of same (match_alarm_regexp = logmon) naybe cause this behavior?
    Has anyone gone through this that can tell me where the problem is?

• 2.  RE: Not working alarm enrichment (NAS)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2019 05:05 PM
    Miller -

I believe that the problem is with your query:

Select RTRIM(LTRIM(comercio)) as comercio from customerasa where PEER in (select replace(supp_key, ',', '') as peer from NAS_ALARMS (nolock) where supp_key =?)

If this is a brand new alarm from the logmon probe with a new supp_key, the alarm will not exist in the NAS_ALARMS table when the alarm_enrichment probe first processes the new alarm.  The alarm_enrichment probe will fail to enrich the alarm so the Custom_4 field will not be populated.  The alarm is then passed on to the nas and at that point it will be added to the NAS_ALARMS table.  If the logmon probe sends another alarm with the same supp_key, as long as the first alarm is not acknowledged (remains active in the NAS_ALARMS table), I would expect the alarm_enrichment probe to match on the supp_key and populate the custom_4 field.  If you are executing the SQL query test after you see that the Custom_4 field is not populated, you are too late because the nas has already added the alarm to the NAS_ALARMS table.

------------------------------
    Kathy Maguire
    Technical Support Engineer 4
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Not working alarm enrichment (NAS)

Posted Aug 16, 2019 06:50 PM
    Hi Kathy, thanks for your answer.

The alarms are create from logmon probe with another supp_key, each supp_key are an ip address different.

The supp_key is = 217.x.x.01

Another alarm with supp_key different. 200.x.x.114

• 4.  RE: Not working alarm enrichment (NAS)

Posted Aug 20, 2019 03:50 PM
    Hi Kathy
    I solved my problem change the query, not use the nas_alarms table, right now this working.
    Thanks.

• 5.  RE: Not working alarm enrichment (NAS)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2019 04:27 PM

Miller -

Great news!  Your solution seems to confirm my original comment that when the logmon probe creates the first alarm with a new supp_key, that alarm does not exist in the NAS_ALARM table yet so no matches for the supp_key in the new alarm are found in the NAS_ALARMS table and your query returns no results.

The alarm_enrichment probe processes the alarm (to enrich it) before sending it to the nas probe.  The nas probe will then insert a copy of the alarm in the NAS_ALARMS table, but this is after the alarm_enrichment probe tried to enrich the initial alarm.  If the logmon probe generates a second alarm with the same supp_key, and the initial alarm has not been acknowledged, then your original query will find a match for the supp_key in the NAS_ALARMS table and will then successfully enrich the alarm update.

Kathy Maguire
    Technical Support Engineer 4
    Broadcom