DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Location of Performance Reports

Posted Jan 07, 2020 04:23 PM
    I have been creating several performance reports for customers to use for exporting data to a csv file.  Recently found out that UIM has a report scheduler; but can only generated PDF files; not csv files.  (I know; that's an enhancement request).

Since I have created several different reports; I now need to delete all the test reports that exist.  I would do that; but can't seem to find out where the files are located so I can delete them.

Also, is there a way to restrict access to a folder where reports are stored so only intended users can see the report? (i.e., create a folder to house "A" type reports and restrict access to those "A" reports to people who are on the "A" team).

We are running in a Windows environment (Win 2012), using the snmp connector / SysEDGE config with:

1. Primary hub 

2 secondary hubs

1 UMP server

1 Portal probe server

1 database server.

The UIM software is installed on the D Drive.

Thanks in advance for your response.

RJ

• 2.  RE: Location of Performance Reports

Posted Jan 07, 2020 04:34 PM
    Edited by Daniel Blanco Jan 07, 2020 04:34 PM
    Hi RJ,
    Scheduled PRD reports from the report scheduler are found here on your UMP box:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\wasp\webapps\reportscheduler\archive

Not sure about the folder restriction part. 

------------------------------
    Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Team Architect
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com

• 3.  RE: Location of Performance Reports

Posted Jan 13, 2020 07:41 AM
    Dan,

Thanks for the information.  I was going to use the scheduled reports; but I need to generate a .csv report and it looks like the scheduler will only create .pdf report.  It looked promising; but in the end not so much.

Again, Thanks for the information.  

RJ

• 4.  RE: Location of Performance Reports

Posted Jan 13, 2020 07:43 AM
    Please refuse my slow response.

• 5.  RE: Location of Performance Reports
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2020 04:35 PM
    Hey Rj!

Here is a performance report job I ran and stored on the server.

Started job on Tuesday, January 07, 2020 at 4:33:31 PM. Job was scheduled to run job on Tuesday, January 07, 2020 at 4:33:31 PM.
    Generating Performance Report "PRD_1_graph_rpt" containing data from Monday, January 06, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM to Monday, January 06, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM.
    Successfully generated report in 8.914 seconds.
    Storing generated report with file name "Test9999_20200107_133331.pdf" at this location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\wasp\webapps\reportscheduler\archive\" on the server.
    Successfully stored report with file name "Test9999_20200107_133331.pdf" on the server in 0.016 seconds.

Job finished on Tuesday, January 07, 2020 at 4:33:40 PM taking 8.93 seconds to run.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US

• 6.  RE: Location of Performance Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2020 05:51 PM
    Hi RJ,

For restricting access to non-Administrative users (I'm assuming), or just other users it can be done but I think you'd have to test it out in a Test/DEV environment or with assistance from a Windows admin to be safe and understand the impact, because it looks like you may have to disable inheritance of permissions and set them explicitly for the group/users on the folder.

Steve

Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US

• 7.  RE: Location of Performance Reports

Posted Jan 13, 2020 07:43 AM
    Steve,

Thanks for the update.  Sorry for the slow response to you and Dan.  Just saw these responses in my clutter folder.  I thin instead of having the customer open a folder and view their reports.  We will just add a page / portlet to the customer's dashboard and have them open the report from their.  This also will allow us to restrict who has permission to create performance reports.

Again, thanks for sharing the knowledge.  It is appreciated!

RJ