DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Azure Probe - Working with Templates

Posted Nov 19, 2021 11:36 AM
    Edited by Al Audet Nov 19, 2021 11:36 AM
    Over the past weeks I have implemented the Azure probe (v3.15) in our environment Note: I am not responsible for UIM infrastructure and environment...I work mostly with probes based on client needs.

I am working with one of our clients to monitor various Azure components and the probe is connected and working fine from what I can tell.  My only issue is working with the Templates.  I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if there is a better way but using the Template editor is difficult.  There is no easy way to expand and minimize the view of items on the left hand side.  Saving the template collapses the view.   It also seems to grey out an item where if I apply the template it does not allow me to modify one item that may need custom thresholds (maybe thats where filtering comes in).

Is there better documentation anywhere on managing this probe and specifically using the customized templates intelligently.  Some of the info looks out of date to me in the UIM probe documentation, referencing the old flash based console in 9.2 for MCS templates.

• 2.  RE: Azure Probe - Working with Templates

Posted Nov 30, 2021 01:57 PM
    In general all the AC probe templates work the same way.
    There is one or more default templates.
    Default templates can not be changed.
    Click on a default templates > 3 dots menu > Copy Template.
    The template copy is customized.
    Click the 3 dots menu at the top for the option to create a template.
    Filters are used to apply or not apply settings.
    Filters are added at the level it should apply to.
    For example with azure:
    template name/Profile/Auto Filter - will apply template to all levels.
    template name/Profile/Auto Filter/Resource/Event Hub/Auto Filter - will apply template setting specifically to the Event Hub level.

There are some very good KB docs and often a doc for one probe template is applicable to another.

• 3.  RE: Azure Probe - Working with Templates

Posted Oct 18, 2023 05:53 AM

Just looking at the Azure probe (3.17), this thread is still relevant. 

I've applied the Azure Dashboard template and it's added QoS data for all our VM's which is taking us close to our usage limit.  We're not particularly interested in monitoring individual AVD's but there doesn't appear to be a way of disabling these in the Azure Dashboard Template.

It currently states that it is in "read only mode".  I can't find a way to change it.

The only way I can think of to remove the AVD's is to delete them from the inventory and leave the tick in "Prevent rediscovery".