DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Mass CFX editing

Posted Aug 03, 2020 08:16 AM
    Hi all

i want to edit cfx of all  the robots and probes inside them so as to increase log size and created a package for it but unfortunately the package is not working 

in the cfx i tried
    <controller>overwrite 
    logsize=5
    </controller>

also tried edit and delete in conjuncture with overwrite but the changes are not taking place instead the ip of server from which i took these packages tries to replace the ip of server on which i am deploying the package.

can any one suggest any way to do this or any utilty in UIM

regards
    nijin

• 2.  RE: Mass CFX editing

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2020 12:59 PM
    we could need to have your package attached here to be able to review and help

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Mass CFX editing
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2020 03:58 PM
      |   view attached

This would be a starting point for changing robot logging to 5. You would need to add any new tabs for other OS' that you want to apply the change to. As a general rule to create a config only package that can be edited:

-drag the probe to the archive from the fully configured source (robot) > ok (in the case of the attached (controller))
    -'Configuration Only' should be checked
    -click on the name > Rename
    -click OK
    -double click on the new package in the archive
    -modify the .cfx per your requirements
    -add addition OS tabs as needed
    -test in lab/development prior to distributing in production to validate the expected outcome

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Mass CFX editing

Posted Aug 04, 2020 10:45 AM
      |   view attached
    HI Chris/Gene

Thanks for the cfx  i will try that but i was using the same commands inside the cfx  i am pasting  but it did not work on most the servers i tested on few it worked.

please check the cfx i am pasting , will try your cfx  adding unix os to it 

regards
    nijin

Attachment(s)