DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

• 1.  we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 05, 2019 01:45 AM
    we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Please let us know the reason for this and how to check this where exactly it is going wrong !!!

Regards
    AMar

• 2.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 01:52 AM
    Robot will do searching other hub in the same network subnet, by doing broadcast to find out any IP where 48002 listens to.
    [Search the subnet for a temporary hub when primary and secondary hubs are unavailable] setting does this behavior.
    It is available in controller probe GUI [Setup] - [Nimsoft] - [Secondary HUB]

• 3.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 05, 2019 03:03 AM
    Hi Yu ,

We are having both primary and secondary hubs running at a time . we don't have a failover like this : if primary goes down then secondary should run . So , when robots are moving from primary to secondary hub and vice -versa  without our intervention . so please guide us where and how to find this and fix this .Which logs needed to be checked   for this and how to fix this problem ?

Regards
    AMar

• 4.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 03:05 AM
    What is your problem ? The behavior is one of expected to happen within the tool.

• 5.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 05, 2019 03:16 AM
    Hi Yu ,

You are saying that , this behaviour is common and will happen in tool !! Is my understanding right ? 

Then how to resolve this ? As everytime so many robots are moving here and there among the hubs . I need a solution for this . That is my problem 

Regards
    AMar

• 6.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 03:19 AM
    This behavior can be disabled by disabling one parameter.
     [Search the subnet for a temporary hub when primary and secondary hubs are unavailable]
    It is available in controller probe GUI [Setup] - [Nimsoft] - [Secondary HUB]

• 7.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 05, 2019 03:23 AM
    Hi Yu ,

What is the parameter ??

Where should I disable and how to disable that ? Is there any logs to do that ?

Regards
    Amar

• 8.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 03:39 AM
    [Search the subnet for a temporary hub when primary and secondary hubs are unavailable]
    The parameter is available in controller probe GUI [Setup] - [Nimsoft] - [Secondary HUB]

• 9.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Sep 05, 2019 05:48 AM
    Hi Yu ,
    I have disabled and checked for one robot in CA UIM by doing the below changes and now I am getting robot inactive alert and robot is not moving to secondary hub .

But we are able to do telnet from primary hub to that robot and still why robot is getting down in primary hub . Please let me know .

Regards
    Amar

• 10.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 03:21 AM
    Hi 

Can try with these new properties if not yet used 

In robot 7.91 and >

Robot failover detection prevents unnecessary robot failovers when the hub misses a single response to a robot request (_status, alive, robotup, or probelist).
    The robot is more tolerant of incomplete _status requests. Two new properties can be specified in robot.cfg.

robot_status_check_interval controls how frequently the robot polls the hub with a _status request.
    Previously, this was not configurable, and the polling occurred at a medium timeout, approximately every 11 seconds.
    Use this property to approximately specify the new polling interval. The interval is approximate because the status check occurs in
    the medium timeout that exceeds the requested interval. For example,
    if the robot_status_check_interval is set to 30 seconds, polling will occur every 33 seconds (3 x 11 second medium timeout).
    The default value is 60 seconds, which equates to a status check every 66 seconds.

robot_failover_count improves the resiliency of the robot. In the past, the robot failover mechanism was invoked when
    one _status request to the hub failed. Use this property to specify the number of consecutive _status
    failures that must occur before initiating robot failover to a secondary hub. Default, 2.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/controller/controller-release-notes

• 11.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 05, 2019 03:29 AM
    Hi ravi ,

robot_status_check_interval controls how frequently the robot polls the hub with a _status request.
    Previously, this was not configurable, and the polling occurred at a medium timeout, approximately every 11 seconds.
    Use this property to approximately specify the new polling interval. The interval is approximate because the status check occurs in
    the medium timeout that exceeds the requested interval. For example,
    if the robot_status_check_interval is set to 30 seconds, polling will occur every 33 seconds (3 x 11 second medium timeout).
    The default value is 60 seconds, which equates to a status check every 66 seconds.

robot_failover_count improves the resiliency of the robot. In the past, the robot failover mechanism was invoked when
    one _status request to the hub failed. Use this property to specify the number of consecutive _status
    failures that must occur before initiating robot failover to a secondary hub. Default, 2.

Please let me know if I can configure these 2 parameters in hub.cfg or should I configure in robot.cfg of any one robot ?

Because we dont have any idea which robots are moving from one hub to another hub please let me know where should I apply these 2 parameters ?

Regards
    Amar

• 12.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 05, 2019 05:21 AM
    Hi Ravi ,

Please let me know if I can configure these 2 parameters in hub.cfg or should I configure in robot.cfg of any one robot ?

Because we dont have any idea which robots are moving from one hub to another hub please let me know where should I apply these 2 parameters ? 

Regards
    AMar

• 13.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 05:28 AM
    Hi 

You have to specify in robot.cfg of target robots where you see issue and robot needs to be 7.91 or greater for these two properties to work

• 14.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 05, 2019 09:06 AM
    Hi ,

But we dont have idea which robots are moving ... But after observing we can try this robotwise it seems .. Let me try ..

• 15.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 06, 2019 04:41 PM

I would suggest that first you ensure that all robots are version 7.91 or above. then create a robot configuration package that will add the additional configuration keys and values that can then be widely deployed to all robots via a package deployment from Infrastructure Manager or Admin console.

::DISCLAIMER::
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 16.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 13, 2019 07:51 AM
    we have robots of 7.80 version actually . So will this work ??

• 17.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 13, 2019 10:10 AM
    As noted, the robots have to be version 7.91 or above for the additional configuration keys to work.

James Christensen

Sr. Services Architect  |  Enterprise Studio

HCL Technologies Ltd.

Mobile: +1 (650) 766-5514  |  eMail: james.christensen@hcl.com

www.hcltech.com  | www.ca.com/services

Out of Office Alert: August 18 - August 23

::DISCLAIMER::
    The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 18.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 05, 2019 05:24 AM
    Edited by MADANRAJ SIVAGNANAM Aug 14, 2019 07:33 AM
    Hi ,

Currently this is the robot.cfg available in hub ..
    <controller>
    robotname = Host1
    hubip = xxx
    robotip = xxx
    first_probe_port = 48000
    set_qos_source = yes
    ip_version = ipv4 ipv6
    domain = PRI_Domain
    hub = Pri_hub
    hubrobotname = HUB1
    hubport = 48002
    access_0 = 0
    access_1 = 1
    access_2 = 2
    access_3 = 3
    access_4 = 4
    <environment>
    NIM_JRE_HOME = jre/jre8u102
    NIM_JRE_HOME_1_8 = jre/jre8u102
    </environment>
    </controller>

• 19.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 05:30 AM
    don't share ip information in the community.

• 20.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Sep 04, 2019 01:59 AM
    Hi Yu ,
    I have disabled and checked for one robot in CA UIM by doing the below changes and now I am getting robot inactive alert and robot is not moving to secondary hub .

But we are able to do telnet from primary hub to that robot and still why robot is getting down in primary hub . Please let me know .

Regards
    Amar

• 21.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Aug 13, 2019 09:53 AM
    This can happen if there is a high load of agents or even I have seen a improper switch / firewall causing a TCP Reset or High Utilization on the network layer causing packet loss etc.. and the robot will fail over . I have written scripts to check my secondary hubs and for a fail back over of the agent by doing a _stop command to the agent via through the sdk  and it will retry the first hub again. 

• 22.  RE: we found in CA UIM that some of the robots moving from primary to secondary hub automatically without our intervention .

Posted Sep 04, 2019 02:01 AM
    Hi Yu ,

Regards
    Amar