DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Publish a new report in the report tab of OperatorConsole

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2020 08:08 AM
    I created a new report on Jasper (CABI) and would like to publish it on Operator Console. Has anyone performed this procedure?

------------------------------
    Denisson Menezes
    Services Consultant
    Broadcom

• 2.  RE: Publish a new report in the report tab of OperatorConsole

Posted Jun 01, 2020 08:07 AM
    Hi Denisson!

Yes, I once had to do it and it is actually possible. You can use the "Custom Reports"  group available for each UMP Account on the Operator console.

Take a look on the screen shots below:

This is an Account contact (user) logged on the Operator Console, on the Reports view there is a Custom Reports available:

For this Option to be displayed, you need to put some reports under the "Users" folder on the respective account tree on the Jasper Repository:

Finally you need to configure the permissions for this folder, so the UMP users can see it:

I hope this helps you!

Regards,
    Danilo Melo

• 3.  RE: Publish a new report in the report tab of OperatorConsole

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2020 10:55 AM
    Hi Danilo,

Many thanks for the reply. Do I need to have a folder for each User on Jasper? Because I only have inside the folder: "Organizations\Unified Infrastructure Management\Organizations" an organization with the users inside it.

Regards e Thanks,

Denisson Menezes
    Services Consultant
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Publish a new report in the report tab of OperatorConsole

Posted Jun 04, 2020 06:36 AM
    Hi Denisson! 

Sorry the late to answer. Are you sure to be looking on the right place? Its gotta be on the Menu View -> Repository. It is the same place for publishing and distributing the Reports.

And you should have this folder for each "Account" created on the UMP, you wont have it for each user. The user has to belong to that account so he can see the configured reports.

Regards,
    Danilo Melo

• 5.  RE: Publish a new report in the report tab of OperatorConsole

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2020 07:22 AM
    Edited by Denisson Menezes Jun 16, 2020 11:11 AM
    Hi Danilo,

I am simulating the problem in my DEV environment. I created a "Relatorio" account, created a user in the account and gave permission for the "ROLE_UMP_USER" role.
    I copied a report into the "Users" folder of the "Relatorio" account and opened the "Operator Console", but "Custom Reports" had not been created.
    I created a "New Custom Report" from the "Operator Console" and saved it in the "Users" folder, but it also didn't work.
    I restarted UMP and CABI and the folder "Custom Report" did not appear in the "Operator Console".

Regards,

Denisson Menezes
    Services Consultant
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Publish a new report in the report tab of OperatorConsole

Posted Jun 04, 2020 12:15 PM
    Hi Denisson!

Thank you for sharing the screen shots. It is clear you did everything right.

Actually, I just realized I have this configured on the older version of jasper reports (version 6).

I have other environment integrated with the most recent version (7), I just configured just like you did and the Custom Reports folder is also not being displayed.

So I dont know what else we can do, we now rely on Broadcom's answer to confirm if it is possible on the current version of Jasper.

Regards,
    Danilo Melo

• 7.  RE: Publish a new report in the report tab of OperatorConsole

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2020 01:07 PM
    Hi Danilo,

Thank you very much for your interest and responses.

Regards,

Denisson Menezes
    Services Consultant
    Broadcom

• 8.  RE: Publish a new report in the report tab of OperatorConsole
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2020 11:11 AM
    Case 31971960 was opened on CA Broadcom support and resolved as follows:

In order to view the reports section in operator console, Please deploy "uim_unified_reporter_pack" on to CABI robot. Once this deployment is done, it might take 10-15 mins for operator console to sync with CABI and show the reports folder. And for adding custom reports, please create folder under "/public/ca/uim/reports/library" folder(in Jasper Server) and assign permissions as mentioned in the link. Please note that even this folder to appear in Operator console, it might take 15-20 mins.

Denisson Menezes
    Services Consultant
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: Publish a new report in the report tab of OperatorConsole

Posted Jun 17, 2020 11:55 AM
    Hello Denisson! Good evening!

Thank you for sharing the information. However, if the Custom Reports folder gets created at the mentioned path (/public/ca/uim/reports/library), how are we supposed to control the Account Users Access as this folder has public access?

Regards,
    Danilo Melo