DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Upgrading 8.47 to 9.02

Posted Oct 09, 2019 12:03 PM
    Dear Team 

Iam upgrading UIM 8.47 to  9.0.2 

While upgrading , the machine reboots at 23% . This is where the VC2017-Redist is getting installed.  .

Steps taken 
    1)This is 1.0 version so i downloaded the VC2017 1.1 version and copied to the archive folder manually . After that when i execute the installer it still reboots the machine
    2) Deleted the 1.0 version from UIMserverpackages and remastered it with 1.1 version but no luck.
    3) Tried the recommendations using the link but no luck  ...https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=120656 

Any advice 

thanks

Santhosh

• 2.  RE: Upgrading 8.47 to 9.02

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2019 12:05 PM
    You might be able to work around this by opening an instance of Notepad before running the installation.

Then, when the system tries to reboot you will get a popup indicating that some programs are preventing the restart (Notepad).

Simply do nothing at this point and the installation should continue in the background until it completes.

I am not entirely sure this would work but it's worth a try as a workaround.

• 3.  RE: Upgrading 8.47 to 9.02

Posted Oct 09, 2019 02:44 PM
    The silent reboot happens because the system thinks it needs to reboot in order to install files that are in use.

The Notepad trick will possibly stop things but you still will be in a quasi shut down state because some processes will already have stopped before Notepad gets in the way.

In theory though, if you can successfully run the install for the libraries, when the UIM installer goes to install the same thing, it should result in not needing to replace files and so not reboot the server.

• 4.  RE: Upgrading 8.47 to 9.02
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2019 02:53 PM
    My suggestion would be to uninstall all 2010 and 2017 C++ runtime libraries.
    Reboot the server
    then install the x86 and 64-bit version of the 2010 and 2017 Visuall C++ runtime libraries independently.
    reboot the server
    then do the install.

these should be located 
    Nimsoft\install\setup\win

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Upgrading 8.47 to 9.02

Posted Oct 10, 2019 07:27 AM
    Thanks Gene...The Solution worked and we could upgrade from 8.47 to 9.0.2..cheers

Santhosh