DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Status of ServiceNow ticket in CA UIM

Posted Dec 07, 2021 04:24 AM
    Hi community,
    We have integrate ServiceNow with UIM 20.3. Can we see the status(Open, In Progress, Pending) of the ServiceNow Incident in IM or OC console in alarm section like Incident number? Can we map that status to custom field in ServiceNow configuration section?

------------------------------
    Regards,

Eshwar
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Status of ServiceNow ticket in CA UIM

Posted Dec 07, 2021 03:49 PM
    This may provide some helpful info:
    sdgtw and ServiceNow integration
    Article Id: 229448
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=229448

• 3.  RE: Status of ServiceNow ticket in CA UIM

Posted Dec 07, 2021 03:59 PM
    Eshwar and David,

Thanks for sharing this information.  When I try to access the link, I get an 404 page not found error.

RJ

• 4.  RE: Status of ServiceNow ticket in CA UIM

Posted Dec 07, 2021 04:05 PM
    It should work now. 
    Search on 'sdgtw and servicenow' for the full list of KB docs.

• 5.  RE: Status of ServiceNow ticket in CA UIM

Posted Dec 07, 2021 04:08 PM
    Got it.  Thanks.  Will put this in my toolkit for future reference.

• 6.  RE: Status of ServiceNow ticket in CA UIM

Posted Dec 22, 2021 04:53 AM
    Technically, in theory, that could be possible. From a business perspective it does not make any sense. UIM alarm console is not a ServiceNow dashboard. What you should see in UIM Console, is if the alarm has an associated Incident. The status of incidents should be traced in ServiceNow and not in UIM. These could be different teams handling UIM alarms and ServiceNow tichets. 

The effort for customizing UIM/SNow to achieve this functionality it is not worth the trouble. You'd have to configure a Notification in ServiceNow to update the custom Alarm field to the new Status of the Incident. 

Short answer is 'Yes', long answer is 'Hell, no, instruct the customer to go for correct processes and don't mix them up.'