DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Operator Console 20.3 home page

• 1.  Operator Console 20.3 home page

Posted Nov 09, 2020 03:12 AM
    hi, this is the home page of 20.3 Operator Console:

is there any way to change this graphs ?
    to see other things at the home page?
    to edit the graphs?

it is Operator Console but the Operators want to see different things.
    thank you.

• 2.  RE: Operator Console 20.3 home page

Posted Nov 09, 2020 11:10 AM
    Good morning, 

As far as I know you can't customize this page anymore. 
    I spoke to a UIM architect about this a couple of weeks ago.

------------------------------
    Thanks

Sam Johnson
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Operator Console 20.3 home page

Posted Nov 10, 2020 04:26 AM
    Why you can't change this dashboard?
    I think that you can customize this dashboard on the cabi side and OC will then load customized dashboard. 

Regards,
    Ivan

• 4.  RE: Operator Console 20.3 home page

Posted Nov 10, 2020 05:02 AM
    thank you for the reply,
    can someone explain how to customize the cabi dashboards?
    how can i create my own dashboard and then config it as the OC-Home page?

thanks !

• 5.  RE: Operator Console 20.3 home page

Posted Nov 10, 2020 05:21 AM
    I didn't do this in production, but my steps would be:
    1. create your own reports, graphs and tables
    2. create backup copy of uim summary dashboard on cabi (must rename it)
    3. open uim summary dashboard in the dashboard designer and customize it (delete graphs and tables from it and put your own in)
    4. save dashboard (do not choose "save dashboard as", because I think that name have to be the same as before)
    All this should be done on CABI.

• 6.  RE: Operator Console 20.3 home page

Posted Nov 11, 2020 01:42 AM
    thanks,
    the uim summary is the home page, so you think that if i change it , it will update Operator Console?
    i cant create my own one?

you suggest to edit the original, thats creative.
    but why go this way?

let me guess - Out Of The Box........

• 7.  RE: Operator Console 20.3 home page

Posted Nov 11, 2020 04:46 AM
    "let me guess - Out Of The Box......."

Correct :-)

I didn't find other way to create custom home dashboard nor to import a custom dashboard that will appear under Dashboards or Reports tab.
    You can create a new report, but I don't know how to use some existing custom report or dashboard from CABI in OC.

• 8.  RE: Operator Console 20.3 home page

Posted Oct 15, 2021 11:41 AM
    Reviving an old thread here.  Is there a way to customise the OC home page now that reliance on cabi has been removed?

• 9.  RE: Operator Console 20.3 home page

Posted Oct 15, 2021 12:44 PM
    Depends on what you define as "customize".

20.4 is supposed to include some ability to control. 

Suggest that you define well what you'd want for customization and post it as an Idea and/or give anyone else you think might benefit from knowing what you want.

• 10.  RE: Operator Console 20.3 home page

Posted Oct 15, 2021 01:16 PM
    Thanks Garin,

I'm looking to edit a dashlet (or add a custom one) which as quick links to dashboards.

I've seen you've posted a workaround in this thread:
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=1315&MessageKey=51e0c7c4-8bc2-4bd7-90b0-4ef86ad19d44&CommunityKey=170eb4e5-a593-4af2-ad1d-f7655e31513b&tab=digestviewer

I'm getting strange results after editing the "data" file, where the sand.jpg doesn't load.  Could be a local problem though, still trying to figure it out.  It still fails to render the page properly even after I put the original file back in.

I like the idea of having a link to a dashboard landing page on the OC sign-in page, like you said, it's a dirty fix, but it should work.

• 11.  RE: Operator Console 20.3 home page

Posted Oct 15, 2021 01:41 PM
    The data.html file is twitchy - took some messing with it to get things right - the CCS that's in effect when the frame renders is pretty convoluted at that point. I wound up using the Chrome attribute browser so that I could identify the impacting settings and override/avoid.

Also, you update the files in the conf/logo directory and then restart wasp. The wasp startup process copies the files to the locations where they are used. 

And just because it's fun, every single update to OC will obliterate these changes and so you have to do the OC update, restart and see the default Broadcom supplied stuff, then copy your files back into the logo directory and restart wasp again. Super annoying that Broadcom can't figure out how not to overwrite a customer supplied file or to implement some sort of config filesetting where you can indicate there's customization so that it's not damaged every time.