DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Email Contacts of NAS Action Tag

Posted Apr 12, 2021 01:42 PM

Hi Support Team,

Kindly help with following directive. When they mention in action tag in nas.cfg.
    How do I confirm, emails are triggering to right persons or expected email contacts specified. please help me to identify the email contacts specified in PD-MATRA-eMail-Notification

action = EMAIL PD-MATRA-eMail-Notification

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 2.  RE: Email Contacts of NAS Action Tag

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2021 02:39 PM
    Hi Nataraj,

I think you are asking who is in PD-MATRA-email_notification group or where is is defined. Open your emailgtw probe or all of them to see email definitions. The best way to test email tags is put your own in there and verify you get emails. Hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: Email Contacts of NAS Action Tag

Posted Apr 12, 2021 03:10 PM
    Hi Gregg,

Thanks for responding, even in that location it is mentioned the same. individual contacts are not mentioned.

nagios.cfg

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj

• 4.  RE: Email Contacts of NAS Action Tag

Posted Apr 13, 2021 07:53 AM
    If you open the emailgtw.cfg file you will see the name "PD-MATRA-eMail-Notofication" and in email= the real email address

• 5.  RE: Email Contacts of NAS Action Tag

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 13, 2021 07:53 AM
    Does the smtp server accept the email? You can check the emailgtw log? Then check with your mail team to see who is in the group referenced.

• 6.  RE: Email Contacts of NAS Action Tag
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 13, 2021 10:31 AM
    Hi Gregg,

I was going through emailgtw log file, last alert receieved for that host July 2020. Now emailgtw.log file is showing up April 2021. I have to verify archieved log files of July 2020 file. While searching in emailgtw.cfg file, I found DL of "PD-MATRA-eMail-Notofication"which it is referencing. Thanks for your reference.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nataraj