DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Sign in to Dashboard all time

Posted Oct 12, 2021 09:31 AM
    Hi everyone.

In UIM 20.3.3,  when I trying open any dashboard it resqueste login, is normal this?

• 2.  RE: Sign in to Dashboard all time

Posted Oct 12, 2021 02:26 PM
    I was told by support that yes, this is working as expected. Apparently there is no way with the current design to pass the valid login token from OC to the published dashboard display tool. That seems like an oversight because it's able to launch the dashboard designer without querying for a login and it is accessing all the same resources. And in there you can select "live view" to view the currently loaded dashboard but if you select "view published dashboard" you are prompted for the credentials. My user have "complained" about this a significant amount.

• 3.  RE: Sign in to Dashboard all time

Posted Oct 12, 2021 03:50 PM
    Thanks @Garin Walsh... This is a big problem. It turns out that my client has more than 30 dashboards that we have had to migrate from 20.1 to 20.3.3, and on the building screens they have a lot of information published through the dashboards, going screen by screen to place username and password is a whole job for the area of operation. This will definitely bring me a lot of trouble.

• 4.  RE: Sign in to Dashboard all time

Posted Oct 14, 2021 01:39 AM
    Suggest you talk to your sales person to push on product management to help w/ this.

What we did in the interim is to replace the default text you get on the OC login page (In \Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\wasp\conf\logo there's two files - datga.html and logo.svg - that you can replace with your own stuff) and include a link to the standalone dashboard viewer - we have a section like:

<a target="_blank" href="https://MyWebServer/dashboard/jsp/standalone.jsp?path=Customers/Landing%20Page">
    <b>Customers - Please click this link to open Dashboards</b>
    </a>

Then create a dashboard named "Customers/Landing Page" and put dashboard widgets on it that link to all the dashboards that they might need.

It's ugly but they only need to log into UIM once. And if it's a benefit for you, they never get access to OC unless you allow it.

• 5.  RE: Sign in to Dashboard all time

Posted Oct 13, 2021 10:27 AM
    Looks like posts might be being moderated again - or there's a system issue that's preventing replies.

• 6.  RE: Sign in to Dashboard all time

Posted Oct 13, 2021 10:39 AM
    Not aware of moderation happening like it used to, so the latter seems more likely.

• 7.  RE: Sign in to Dashboard all time

Posted Oct 13, 2021 10:46 AM
    Seems that some replies go and some don't.

That said, is there a way to get the "auto saved" replies back? 

I see this at the bottom of the window

but there's no way I can see to get them

• 8.  RE: Sign in to Dashboard all time

Posted Oct 14, 2021 11:19 AM
    Looks like my "moderated" message finally appeared.