DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  DX IM 20.3 and SAP monitoring

Posted Oct 14, 2020 09:09 AM
    Hello all,

I have tried to monitor SAP S/4 HANA 1809 with the sap_basis probe but it looks like this SAP version is not supported. I got only some basic metrics. JCO i NGDBC drivers are not working with sab_basis 2.06 probe. 
    This is strange to me because this is not newest SAP version and it is on market from 2018. 
    I think that CA/Broadcom should develop sap_basis (or some other probe) to support monitoring of the newer SAP versions. 
    This feature could be the one that will highlight DX IM in the mass of other monitoring products.

Do you have any idea how to monitor SAP S/4 HANA 1809 with DX IM. 

BTW this SAP version is not supported by DX APM either.

• 2.  RE: DX IM 20.3 and SAP monitoring

Posted Oct 14, 2020 09:59 AM
    The platforms supported are listed here:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/sap-basis-sap-basis-monitoring/sap-basis-sap-basis-monitoring-release-notes.html#concept.dita_53a101470d3ea141d9ffc3780602448391057029_SupportedPlatforms

UIM Product Management have made a number of requests for this type of request to be added at the Ideation section.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: DX IM 20.3 and SAP monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 15, 2020 05:17 PM
    Hello Ivan

On Sep 30th 2020 Broadcom sent this statement out for those that subscribe to these notifications:

CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company
     ("CA"), is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with the End of Service / End of Life Policy within the Broadcom Software Maintenance Policy Handbook, please consider this email your written notification that we are discontinuing sales for the following Unified Infrastructure Management probe SKUs effective September 30, 2020:

• CNMAPP990 - CA Unified Infrastructure Mgmt SAP Pack - On Prem
    • NMSVA0990 - Nimsoft Monitoring Solution for enterprise vblock monitoring application- 0
    • NMSVA1990 - Nimsoft Monitoring Solution for enterprise vblock monitoring application- 1

The official date for End of Service and End of Life will be April 30, 2021.

Solution Engineer - AIOps
    Broadcom