DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  8.51 -> 9.02 upgrade

Posted Nov 10, 2020 07:52 PM
    Edited by Steve B Nov 10, 2020 08:07 PM
    Hi guys,

We're planning our upgrade of our production 8.51 system to the interim 9.02 version and wondered if anyone has some experience to provide?

Our production system is quite large:
    - Primary Hub
    - Secondary Hub
    - 14 Hubs
    - approx.1400 devices

The upgrade documentation is great, but isn't doesn't specify anything regarding the other hubs during the upgrade. I was considering doing the following:
    1. Disable the cabi and both UMP robots so they're not talking to the database during the upgrade
    2. Stop the primary and secondary robots prior to a sql backup
    3. Start the primary robot (but keep the secondary and UMP robots stopped until after the upgrade)
    4. Perform the upgrade as documented

Is it worth stopping the other 14 hubs during the upgrade so they're not all trying to hit the primary hub with data throughout the upgrade? I thought it might be worth stopping them, and starting them one-by-one controlled state post upgrade.

Or do i not need to bother with any of this? Just trying to reduce any risks / variables.

Cheers

• 2.  RE: 8.51 -> 9.02 upgrade

Posted Nov 11, 2020 09:55 AM
    should not been necessary to stop them for the upgrade, the snapshot or backup of UIM DB, primary hub, ump & cabi robots should be done and best when they are stopped.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------