DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  hub gone

Posted Dec 05, 2019 10:14 PM
    Hi Team,

I found a secondary hub server in our environment that is inactive. Later, I found out that the <nimsoft_directory>/nimsoft/hub/hub was gone and I can't find it in any directory. I don't know who, when or how it was removed from the linux server. Is there a way I can fix this without re-installing the the whole robot and hub?

• 2.  RE: hub gone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2019 10:21 PM
    Hi John

If you dont have backup available of the hub folder only option is to reinstall again the hub on that server

• 3.  RE: hub gone

Posted Dec 05, 2019 10:59 PM
    how about the hub file from other different hub server?

• 4.  RE: hub gone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2019 11:26 PM
    Hi

Depending on your configuration your hub.cfg has hub specfic info as well as tunnel and queue setup which is unique to that hub so might might not work if not properly configured

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/9-0-2/installing/install-secondary-hubs/deploy-secondary-hubs-and-robots-on-linux-or-solaris.html

• 5.  RE: hub gone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2019 05:18 AM
    A full restore from backup or new install is the only supported way to fix this

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 6.  RE: hub gone
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 06, 2019 01:33 PM
    If it's your concern, a new "full install" will merge with what's there already and only overwrite the hub, controller, hdb, spooler, and distsrv locations. Generally speaking any modifications to these five probes will be kept unless it's something that's required to be a specific way in order for the probe to start.

If you've installed additional probes, they should be left unchanged.

-Gairn

• 7.  RE: hub gone

Posted Dec 06, 2019 07:08 PM
    Thanks Garin! Will try this one. I'll keep a backup of original files to make sure