DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  e2e_appmon - Clear browser cache

Posted Jul 01, 2019 09:44 AM
    Hi,

We are starting to use the e2e_appmon probe (v2.4) and i would appreciate if someone can share how they clear Chrome cache with a script after a web application test is executed.
    The problem is that when my web application is down, e2e_appmon never realises so because it is loading the website from cache (i know this because i am taking screenshots when the test is running)

Regards,
    Facundo

• 2.  RE: e2e_appmon - Clear browser cache

Posted Jul 02, 2019 08:52 AM
    ​Worked with this same issue back in September 2018, and ended up opening a support case (1177094).  Support reproduced all the same issues I was seeing within my environment.  I was attempting to use the SendKeys command (Ctrl-Shift-Del) to bring up the ClearCache window within Chrome - NimRecorder did not like this during the recording.  Support came back with : ….confirmed that NimRecorder does not support automating the Chrome UI and that the current workaround is to use ClickMouse.  The ClickMouse feature did not work; there was no x/y coordinates to use because the spy feature gave an error when attempting to perform it.  I was able to perform what I needed to do a different way, and never needed to clear the cache.  I am not sure if WINTASK support has updated their Chrome UI automation; may be something support would know.

• 3.  RE: e2e_appmon - Clear browser cache

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2019 09:51 AM
    Hi,

Is there a reason you can not just choose to clear the browser cache on exit in the chrome settings?
    https://support.google.com/chrome/forum/AAAAP1KN0B06H_3SGdkVtQ/?hl=en&msgid=CCXfuTFvDwAJ&gpf=d/msg/chrome/6H_3SGdkVtQ/CCXfuTFvDwAJ

Would this not resolve your issue?
    I believe you would need to open an ER request to have this ability added to the probe.

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: e2e_appmon - Clear browser cache

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2019 09:52 AM
    Edited by Gene Howard Jul 02, 2019 09:52 AM

• 5.  RE: e2e_appmon - Clear browser cache
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2019 09:45 AM
    The problem is that you can not visually  automate the Chrome graphics interface for the moment. That is, you can not 'click through' the menus.

The shortcut for the 
    Clear cache window is Ctrl + Shift + Del , then in the window that appears press Enter

This type of action can be automated with 
    UseWindow ("Chrome ...")  and SendKeys.

Steve

[Designation]
    [City]

• 6.  RE: e2e_appmon - Clear browser cache

Posted Jul 18, 2019 01:58 PM
    Thanks guys.
    I have followed Stephen's suggestion and it is working fine now.
    This is my code in case someone has the same problem:
    UseWindow("CHROME.EXE|Chrome_WidgetWin_1|WebAppXX - Google Chrome",1)
    SendKeys("<Shift <Ctrl <Del>>>")
    pause 2 sec
    SendKeys("<Enter>")​​
    ​​