DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

• 1.  SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Posted May 20, 2020 07:15 AM
    Edited by Shubhojit Shil May 20, 2020 07:16 AM
    Hi Team,
    I was wondering why incidents are not creating using sdgtw probe, either manually or automatically from AO profile.
    When I checked the _status output in probe utility, it was showing 2 connections there, even though I am checked only ServiceNow as an ACTIVE and default SD.
    Please help what could be the issue and how to restore the single connection.

sdgtw probe version : 2.22
    UIM version : 9.0.2

• 2.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Posted May 20, 2020 07:31 AM

Probe utility details

tickets queue in hub probe is also piling up

• 3.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 10:19 AM
    So without the .cfg there is no way for us to really provide any details.
    You can look at the loglevel 5 logs at startup for the sdgtw to get some additional information as to what might be going on.
    When you do an assignment to an alarm what do you see in the sdgtw log file?

You may want to take a look at:
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=7940

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Posted May 20, 2020 10:33 AM
    Edited by Shubhojit Shil May 20, 2020 10:34 AM

Thanks Gene, just like I have said here. I can see 2 connections in sdgtw probe in sdgtw probe utility.

I have collected the logs for you to check. This article also telling about the same, but we have only 1 hub where this sdgtw probe is installed.

May 20 15:28:25:266 [Thread-53, sdgtw] Still alarmSubscription is either null or not Ok so going to send alarm
    May 20 15:28:25:266 [Thread-53, sdgtw] Alarm creation is set to false on Queue Not Subscribed...
    May 20 15:28:25:266 [Thread-53, sdgtw] ThreadPool: [Active/Min/Max] [0/15/15], Active: 0, Completed: 0, Task: 0, isShutdown: false, isTerminated: false
    May 20 15:28:35:267 [Thread-53, sdgtw] alarmSubscription is either null or not Ok so Reconnecting to hub queue...
    May 20 15:28:35:267 [Thread-53, sdgtw] subscribe to queue hub address is /<hub address>/hub
    May 20 15:28:35:267 [Thread-53, sdgtw] inside subscribe to queue hub address is /<hub address>
    May 20 15:28:35:383 [Thread-53, sdgtw] checkConnection: Got NimException connecting to queue tickets: (4) not found, Received status (4) on response (for sendRcv) for cmd = 'nametoip' name = '/<hub address>/hub'
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimSessionBase.sendRcv(NimSessionBase.java:622)
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimSessionBase.sendRcv(NimSessionBase.java:573)
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimClientSession.send(NimClientSession.java:173)
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimRequest.sendImpersonate(NimRequest.java:264)
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimRequest.send(NimRequest.java:219)
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimSubscribe.<init>(NimSubscribe.java:114)
    at com.nimsoft.probe.gateway.sdgtw.SDGtwProbe.subscribeToQueue(SDGtwProbe.java:1222)
    at com.nimsoft.probe.gateway.sdgtw.SDGtwProbe.checkConnection(SDGtwProbe.java:1141)
    at com.nimsoft.probe.gateway.sdgtw.SDGtwMonitor.run(SDGtwMonitor.java:41)

May 20 15:28:35:383 [Thread-53, sdgtw] Still alarmSubscription is either null or not Ok so going to send alarm
    May 20 15:28:35:383 [Thread-53, sdgtw] Alarm creation is set to false on Queue Not Subscribed...
    May 20 15:28:35:383 [Thread-53, sdgtw] ThreadPool: [Active/Min/Max] [0/15/15], Active: 0, Completed: 0, Task: 0, isShutdown: false, isTerminated: false

• 5.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 11:35 AM
    So based on this the 2 connections are not an issue.
    There is a problem connecting to the hub queue.
    What version of the hub are you using?

What version of ServiceNow are you trying to connect to?
    Has this ever worked?

Have you reviewed the trouble shooting sections about java?
    http://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/sngtw-servicenow-gateway/sngtw-troubleshooting.html

Also is the sdgtw probe installed on the primary hub or a secondary hub or a robot?
    Looks like you might need to set the HUB path in the sdgtw probe
    'nametoip' name = '/<hub address>/hub'

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Posted May 20, 2020 12:07 PM

Thank you Gene. I have recently moved CA UIM from windows 2008 to windows 2016 and kept same configurations we had in windows 2008 server.

Hub version 7.96 and sdgtw version 2.22, and servicenow newyork we are using which is compatible with sdgtw 2.22 version.

---

Also is the sdgtw probe installed on the primary hub or a secondary hub or a robot? --> it is in primary hub only.
    Looks like you might need to set the HUB path in the sdgtw probe --> that is just for security purpose I didnt share the hub details.
    'nametoip' name = '/<hub address>/hub'

• 7.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Posted May 20, 2020 12:35 PM
    Infact after the UIM migration, we have created the incident also using sdgtw probe. I have raised the P2 case #31928394 also but no resolution yet.

• 8.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 01:03 PM
    I would set your SDGTw probe to loglevel 5 and logsize  75000 and set the hub loglevel to 3 and logsize to 35000
    when the sdgtw tries to connect to the hub check the hub logs and see why it can not connect.

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 01:08 PM
    from your sdgtw.cfg you have set the following
    queue_name = tickets
    do you have this queue setup in the hub?
    does this show as green on the hub status screen?

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 10.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Posted May 20, 2020 01:57 PM

from your sdgtw.cfg you have set the following
    queue_name = tickets
    do you have this queue setup in the hub? does this show as green on the hub status screen?

--> Yes, Gene. It is there and active but showing in yellow status and queue is piling up. I have checked all sdgtw known issues solutions but still no luck.

one interesting thing, I have observed.
    for java jre 1.7, servicenow connection is failing when validating from AC console.
    for java jre 1.8 and 2.0, servicenow connection is working when validating from AC console.

same thing is coming up.

• 11.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 02:02 PM
    I would try updating the controller and hub to version 
    ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/UIM/UIM_Probe_Hotfixes/robot_update-7.97HF9.zip
    ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/UIM/UIM_Probe_Hotfixes/hub_7.97HF6.zip

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 12.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Posted May 20, 2020 02:41 PM
    Edited by Shubhojit Shil May 20, 2020 02:44 PM
    I have upgraded to this version (robot v7.97hf9 and hub v7.97hf6) but still facing the same issue. tickets queue is in yellow status, and sdgtw (v2.22) probe is still generating the same logs. JRE version 1.86 because of ADE probe

• 13.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 03:01 PM
    So if a queue does not have anything in it for a while it will turn yellow.
    what happens when you manually assign a ticket

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 14.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 03:14 PM
    Edited by Shubhojit Shil May 21, 2020 04:03 AM
    Shubhojit -

The problem is that you have the wrong Nimbus address configured for the nas and hub probes in the sdgtw.cfg file.  Nimbus addresses are case sensitive.  The robot name that you used in the Nimbus address that you have configured for the nas_address and hub_address key values in the setup section of the sdgtw probe are both set to PR-NIMHUBSVR1.  The correct robot name is pr-nimhubsvr1 as can be seen in the screen shot that you posted in your last update.

I believe that if you correct the Nimbus addresses, then the sdgtw probe should successfully connect to the tickets queue and start draining it.

Kathy Maguire
    Technical Support Engineer 4
    Broadcom

• 15.  RE: SDGTW probe showing 2 connections

Posted May 21, 2020 04:09 AM
    Now that hits the bullseye. now I can see the incidents in ServiceNow queue generated by Nimsoft.

Thank you so much Kathy and Gene for all your constant help and support to resolve this issue.  I would share the current version status below.

hub version : 7.97HF6
    robot version : 7.97HF9
    sdgtw version : 2.22 (to support the ServiceNow NewYork)
    jre version : 1.81 (to support automated_deployment_engine probe as well)
    OS version : Windows 2016
    UIM version : 9.0.2