DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  ORACLE probe capabilities

Posted Aug 07, 2019 12:07 PM
    Hi Team,

we have multiple dbs running on one linux/Solaris machines.
    we are using oracle probe for oracle db monitoring where we are required to set environment variables in controller in order to get the db connection working with UIM.
    The problem is TNS_admin variables are different for different databases SIDs running on that machine. How do i configure multiple tns_admin variable on the controller??

Thanks
    Sid

------------------------------
    System Analyst
    DXC Technology

• 2.  RE: ORACLE probe capabilities

Posted Aug 07, 2019 12:10 PM
    And i also want to know if oracle version 10.2.0 is supported

System Analyst
    DXC Technology

• 3.  RE: ORACLE probe capabilities

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2019 12:28 PM
    You can only set one.
    You will need to update the tnsnames.ora file you are pointing to with all of the connection information for the systems on that host you want to connect to.
    The oracle client you are pointing to need to support all the version on the system as well.

Support for 10.2 has been dropped from the probe.
    if the version of the oracle client you are pointing to supports 10.2 it should still work

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/oracle-oracle-database-monitoring/oracle-oracle-database-monitoring-release-notes#oracle(OracleDatabaseMonitoring)ReleaseNotes-OracleSupportedVersionsandClients

Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: ORACLE probe capabilities

Posted Aug 07, 2019 12:48 PM
    Environments Hosted Server name Database Name Database IP Address Server IP address Application LD_LIBRARY_PATH  ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_BASE ORACLE_SID TNS_ADMIN OS DB Type Version
      burns     #N/A             Oracle 10.2.0.1.0
    Prod dbora07 ORIONPRD BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle /oraone/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/lib /oraone/app/oracle/product/10.2.0 /oraone/app/oracle ORIONPRD /oraone/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle 11.2.0.3.0
    Prod dbora07 ODCLFP BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle /oraclfy/app/oracle/product/11gR2/lib /oraclfy/app/oracle/product/11gR2 /oraclfy/app/oracle ODCLFP /oraclfy/app/oracle/product/11gR2/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle  
    Prod dbora07 STREAMDB BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle /usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/orastream/app/oracle/product/112/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/quest/Quest/QSA/STREAMS/lib /orastream/app/oracle/product/112 /orastream/app/oracle STREAMDB /orastream/app/oracle/product/112/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle  
    Prod dbora07 ARSREM BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle :/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/oraarsrem/app/oracle/product/102/lib:/usr/local/lib /oraarsrem/app/oracle/product/102 /oraarsrem/app/oracle ARSREM /oraarsrem/app/oracle/product/102/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle  
    Prod dbora07 TNSEP BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle /oratnse/app/oracle/product/11203/lib /oratnse/app/oracle/product/11203 /oratnse/app/oracle TNSEP /oratnse/app/oracle/product/11203/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle  
    Prod dbora07 ARSREMP BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle /arsremp/app/oracle/product/12.1.0.2/lib /arsremp/app/oracle/product/12.1.0.2/arsremp/app/oracle   ARSREMP /arsremp/app/oracle/product/12.1.0.2/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle  
    Prod dbora08 TOPOBASE BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle /usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/oratopo/app/oracle/product/102/lib:/oratopo/app/oracle/odbc/freetds/lib:/oratopo/app/oracle/odbc/unixodbc/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/quest/Quest/QSA/TOPOBASE/lib /oratopo/app/oracle/product/102 /oratopo/app/oracle TOPOBASE /oratopo/app/oracle/product/102/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle 10.2.0.4.0
    Prod dbora08 ASIS1 BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle :/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/oraasis1/app/oracle/product/112/lib:/usr/local/lib /oraasis1/app/oracle/product/112 /oraasis1/app/oracle ASIS1 /oraasis1/app/oracle/product/112/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle  
    Prod dbora08 CWP BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle :/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/oracwp/app/oracle/product/112/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/ucdlib /oracwp/app/oracle/product/112 /oracwp/app/oracle CWP /oracwp/app/oracle/product/112/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle  
    Prod dbora08 MBOSS BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle /usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/oramboss/app/oracle/product/112/lib:/usr/local/lib /oramboss/app/oracle/product/112 /oramboss/app/oracle MBOSS /oramboss/app/oracle/product/112/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle  
    Prod dbora08 CDKP BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle /oracdk/app/oracle/product/112/lib /oracdk/app/oracle/product/112 /oracdk/app/oracle CDKP /oracdk/app/oracle/product/112/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle  
    Prod dbora08 RADIO1 BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle :/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/oraradio1/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/lib:/usr/local/lib /oraradio1/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1 /oraradio1/app/oracle RADIO1 /oraradio1/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle  
    Prod dbora08 ARSPROD BO Infrastruktur - DBHotell Oracle /oraarsprod/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.4/lib32:/oraarsprod/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.4/lib: /oraarsprod/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.4 /oraarsprod/app ARSPROD /oraarsprod/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.4/network/admin Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 s10s_u11wos_24a SPARC Oracle  

System Analyst
    DXC Technology

• 5.  RE: ORACLE probe capabilities

Posted Aug 07, 2019 12:53 PM
      |   view attached
    attached is the requirement.
    Where there are two solaris machines running multiple dbs.

I want to understand what am i actually supposed to do? I am really not good with db config... What should i ask my dba? Please suggest

System Analyst
    DXC Technology

Attachment(s)

xlsx
    oracle db.xlsx   48 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: ORACLE probe capabilities

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2019 01:03 PM
    each of your servers has a 12.x version on it.
    I would set up the oracle probe on each server to connect to this instance.
    than ask your DBA to setup the TNSnames.ora file on each system to be able to access all of the other database on that system.
    make sure you can use sqlplus to connect to them ok.
    then the oracle probe should be able to be setup to make the additional connections.

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: ORACLE probe capabilities

Posted Aug 07, 2019 02:41 PM
    so my understanding is I use 12.x.x version of instance as tns_admin variable in controller set up. And ask dba to add all the databases running on the server in the tnsnames.ora file.

System Analyst
    DXC Technology

• 8.  RE: ORACLE probe capabilities

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2019 04:42 PM
    Correct

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: ORACLE probe capabilities

Posted Aug 08, 2019 06:37 AM
    Hi Gene,

What about other variables on controller. They too are not same.
    I am still having connection issue.
    Can we have a webex session ? I can raise a case if required and will have dba also on the call.

System Analyst
    DXC Technology

• 10.  RE: ORACLE probe capabilities

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2019 08:53 AM
    you will need to raise a support case.

Gene Howard
    Broadcom