DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Another problem with CABI

Posted Apr 06, 2020 06:39 PM
    This is CABI 4.20 on 20.1

CABI seems to work - at least in that the typical sense that the spinning dotted circle stops and pages paint and logins appear successful.

I am stuck at this screen:

But the "Dashboard Path" dropdown never enables itself.

I can launch into the CABI Server Home page without a problem.

One thing there that's unexpected is that when looking at the Home page I don't see any indication that there are any dashboards loaded (there's just the "Create" link, no "View List" link):

And finally if I try to launch the UIM Summary page, I get the "The specified dashboard wasn't found." message.

So it seems like the install of the default dashboards isn't happening. 

Any suggestions on a resolution?

-Garin

• 2.  RE: Another problem with CABI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2020 06:58 PM
    Edited by Christopher Pearson Nov 03, 2020 10:15 AM

Few things to check:

-check the following directories for indicators as to where the dashboards are at in installation stage

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\cabi\content\installed
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\cabi\content\upload
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\cabi\content\failed

-In cabi directly see if you can pull the UIM Summary there

-I believe on my upgrade installation I had to update the dashboards manually. At a minimum the following:

uim_unified_reporter_pack
    uim_cabi_health_report_pack
    uim_core_dashboards_pack

The initial screen you have as stuck, mine does not but it really does not take you anywhere other than:

• 3.  RE: Another problem with CABI

Posted Apr 06, 2020 07:11 PM
    In the filesystem I see:

There are no dashboards showing on the home page of the CABI server when accessed directly.

And those packages have been deployed.

• 4.  RE: Another problem with CABI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2020 07:16 PM

Per what is listed in installed the core dashboards have not been installed. Are they in the upload?

When you push the dashboads to the cabi robot, they will first go into the upload directory, then they will be moved to the installed directory once they have successfully installed.

If you are using mysql for a backend database there are other options that need to be set that cause them to fail to install if they are not:

(
    MySQL Only
    ) If you are using MySQL for your CABI Server database, you must change the default memory settings. This database is for the CABI users, reports, and dashboards. Change the following settings so that the CA Business Intelligence dashboard deployment is successful:
    • Set 
      max_allowed_packet=32M

• Set 
      innodb_log_file_size=356M

• Set
       table_definition_cache=2000

• 5.  RE: Another problem with CABI

Posted Apr 07, 2020 05:05 PM
    The missing uim_core_dashboards_pack package was the main culprit. Almost assuredly lost during a reinstall attempt.

Beyond that, there were issues with the self signed cert that's there by default and the cross site cookie issue with Chrome.

Sloppy but at least it's painting pages now.

Thank you