DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Nimrecorder analysis capabilities

Posted Nov 25, 2019 08:41 AM

I need to write several scripts to emulate user actions using NimRecorder tool (e2e_appmon probe).
    Two cases that need to be implemented are described below.
    If you tried to do something like this, please share your experience.

Case 1.

The sequence of user actions is as follows:

1. Open a Windows application. The application window contains a table of indicators that can change their color (the have two states - red and green). Also indicators can contain numbers inside. Example:

2. I need to make sure that there are no red indicators in this table (all cells in the table must be green).

3. If there is at least one red cell, an error message should be sent to display it in UMP.

Case 2.

I need to make sure that a certain image is displayed in the application window (web and Windows), for example:

- graph;

- table;

- structural scheme.

I tried to implement the cases described above, but failed.

Also, I have learned the documentation on Wintask site (https://www.wintask.com/learn-wintask-on-the-go). Unfortunately, we could not find out whether it is possible to implement the cases described above.

• 2.  RE: Nimrecorder analysis capabilities
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2019 08:55 AM
    Both scenarios should be doable using one or more techniques in the Nimrecorder...you can send an email with your scenarios for script writing to support@wintask.com or use the contact form.

https://www.wintask.com/support/

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US

• 3.  RE: Nimrecorder analysis capabilities

Posted Nov 27, 2019 02:03 AM
    Thank you Stephen. I've sent an email to Wintask support team.

I think that in order to implement these cases, it is necessary in some way to compare a certain area in the program window with a some reference picture (which we expect to be in that area). Does anyone know if it is possible to do such comparison by means of the NimRecorder?

• 4.  RE: Nimrecorder analysis capabilities

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2019 07:27 AM
    Probably by using the Windows Management bitmap functions.
    https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/4680632/Winrtask%20June2018%20Theme/PDF/windowsquickstartguide1.pdf

Steve

Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US

• 5.  RE: Nimrecorder analysis capabilities

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2019 07:57 AM
    To be clear, both web and windows app methods include functions such as waiting for a given window, synchronization methods, use of Spy tools to identify and locate images and so on. That said, if you've never done this type of transaction scripting before, it can be a bit more tedious and error prone but you can experiment with using the Spy and different web or window app/sync functions to accomplish your goal. As a start you can simply start recording using the wizard and see at what point the script fails when you play it. Then you can handle script failures via start recording and choose do 'nothing' option and have your cursor at that point in the script while the application is open, then insert functions like UseWindow, ClickOnBitmap, CaptureBitmap, SendKey functions to use keyboard clicks, Wait for text/images, etc., to get past the failure/errors, and continue the script. What you're trying to do, especially for the Windows app usually involves some expertise and experience with transaction scripting and there are some nuances such as simply trying to re-record the script when it fails. Therefore you might work with WinTask support or contact your local account team and solicit help from HCL services for creating the script. If you undertake his on your own, Support can help you try and get past any e2e probe-related issues or script failures/errors. Open a support case and we will review the failure to see if we can help you get past it.

Assistance
    Tutorial videos on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFdAw46SLd0

If you need immediate help, you can use www.wintask.com/support or ask in WinTask's forum, or contact them by email, info@wintask.com.

Steve

Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    US